Please make mutliple RunOnceEx.cmd Sticky!

www2000

I plan on using Alanoll's advice and making my RunOnceEx.cmd one file using

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

to separate the windows from overflowing and making catagories.

Question:

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Mozilla Firefox 1.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Firefox\Firefox10_Silent_EN.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "Moving on to System Appz" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing System Appz" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "WinZip 9.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D %systemdrive%\Install\WinZip\WinzipCoreSilent.exe"  /f

Can you put a new Title after the

and can you leave a single empty command such as that found on 075???

Or to have individually titled windows, would I have to use the other method of individual cmd files using RunOnceEx.cmd to execute them individually?

Mucci Graciously apperciated for all help!

Wisc

First, let me say that I don't understand why this is in the Application Switches second.

Second, the only reason I had my fingures ready to type SEARCH was because of your title. But I read posts before doing such. I write SEARCH whenever it's something trivial or simplistic that a search should bring up. Multiple RunOnceEX entries gets complicated, and there's no problem with those. It's the simplistic ones asking...."What's the switch for ACDSEE?" when it's in TWO stickies and numerous posts that gets the SEARCH.

As for your concerns, specifically....

As it stands, I've been working on figuring this one blammidy thing out and I STILL haven't gotten a straight answer!!! I Strongly believe it should be in the Guide, and if not there at LEAST in a sticky.
If you would gander at the Unattended section in the stickies, there is a post that is concerning updating/correcting the guide...please add your input.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=Se...le+%2BRunOnceEx

Less then a minute search, using one of YOUR searches "Multiple RunOnceEX" brings up 2 pages of results. With less then 5 pages, I expect you to atleast glance through them to see if your answer is in there.

But I tell you, if you'd LET people ask, and re-ask and let the new ones who just learned answer since you have a problem with it... THE SEARCH WOULD PULL MORE RESULTS!

Paradox. If there weren't sooo many people that didn't post before searching and fining the answer, the board wouldn't be cluttered and as such you would get EXACTLY the result you needed. But since people don't search, people will post, and posts will be answered. Then what happens, the SEARCH does NOT work properly as it brings up repeats and redunancy most of which are posts that DO go unanswered because people don't like repeating themselves. Sure if the new members DID answer, the post would be answered, but then it's IS the new members that don't search and post asking for said answer.

Put a poll up and ask how many people have been offended with the "USE THE SEARCH" line we see over and over again in the forums.
Should I next time, ask politely? I try to answer the question before closing said topics, either with direct help, or linking to search results or linking ot a post directly. Either way, SEARCH.
It's also sad you guys had to make a video on how to use the search... Mainly because it ACTUALLY helped me see the search button. The Google one under the Ads by Gooooooogle window is by far just taking all the attention.

For simplicity, put ALL of your RunOnceEX entries into one CMD file. In between each set add the line,

That will execute the entries just imported, and then continue through the batch. Do it as many times as you like.

If you would like to have each RunOnceEX group seperate, have a master CMD file that calls the others

REM Calling other files
CALL %systemdrive%\install\RunOnceex1.cmd
CALL %systemdrive%\install\RunOnceEx2.cmd

and so on. I know this has been said before. Perhaps not in these exact words. Why, because I WROTE it atleast 5 times in 5 different posts. If not this then just the command to execute the entries without needing a restart.

I will suggest to xper that he move the google bar to only the bottom of the page, or add an entry to recognize the original SEARCH function. When the SEARCH movie was first created, the google bar was not in place. The SEARCH movie is located in the New Member section (forget the name) and was created well over a year ago.

Now as for your answered post.....let's see if I can find it.

I thought using RunOnceEx.cmd files was the only thing you'd use Application Switches for other than that Batch file method I left behind when I found out about RunOnceEx...

Sorry :(

I honestly thought it was in the right place.

First, let me say that I don't understand why this is in the Application Switches second.
I understand your view on the Search now, again remember people do get angry when they work so hard to try and understand something and fail. But it's not my job to point that out to you. :blink: I feel much better now that I managed to find my answer. Whew!
If you would gander at the Unattended section in the stickies, there is a post that is concerning updating/correcting the guide...please add your input.

:D You'd be surprised what catches your eyes, and what misses your eyes, when your focused on finding something! Thanks for the tip as I will find that very useful...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=Se...le+%2BRunOnceEx

Less then a minute search, using one of YOUR searches "Multiple RunOnceEX" brings up 2 pages of results. With less then 5 pages, I expect you to atleast glance through them to see if your answer is in there.

Using the Google search did that for me and I read them. Understanding them is a different matter however. The msfn search, I put read all post from forever and not the last 30 days and the results is what scared me away from using that. Way to many responses!!!

All the stuff you said about the Search that went against what I said...

I'm impressed you thought I made sense and actually responded so very intelligently. I guess I was naieve enough to think a link to the proper answer would be posted instead of someone trying to re-explain the answer. Your 100% correct about not being sure of the correct answer if everyone tried answering. Very nice how you responded on this subject! :yes:

And because of your response, the whole section about the poll is poopy now.

Scratch that completely!!!

Forgive me as I'm replying as I read... And I know this has been covered as the reason I was so upset was I remember seeing it and not understanding it at the time, but wanted another shot at it.

Regardless if I found my answer, you answered another question with the

As I read this from a result I got from cutting my multiple into multi and trying that in my search *SUCESS!*

Seeing that line of code raised the question "What is that all about!" I understood the cmd file going in order so if you listed the cmd files in the very first one, each one would have to be excuted first before moving on to the next one. HOWEVER, I would have STILL been wrong because your code there was nessary!!!

THANK you... My search DIDN'T answer my question, however you just did! THANKS THANKS THANKS! ****!!!! I can't BELIEVE how useful your response is! I expected someone to tell me off ten different ways to sundown!

Instead I'm feeling like a major JERK!!!

Finishing up what you wrote, again... Me jerk... You suggesting to xper means that you can agree with what I said about it being distracting to newbies...

I am SOOO sorry for my ranting... Kinda glad I did it because I never been helped like I ...

I was wrong. This place rocks, this place has really great administration who is VERY helpful... I just made an aweful mistake.

You let me know if there's a way I can make up for this thread...

In the mean time I hope you accept my apoligies.

Wisc

P.S. Find my answer post? Lost me on that line cause you answered beyond a shadow of a doubt what I was looking for!

In a normal sequence:

1. Import RunOnceEX keys

2. Restart

3. Keys are executed.

Think of that rundll32 command like so....

1. Import RunOnceEX keys

2. Run Command

3. Keys are executed.

That being said, that rundll32 command is executed EVERY time the system is restart, whether or not something happens depends on if anything is in the keys.

Now, the way RunOnceEX works, is that as the keys are executed, once is moves to the next key, the first is deleted. When the entire process is done, the entire tree (including TITLE and FLAG) are deleted and are back to where they were originally.

So to shorten my answer ( :P ), if you want multiple different titles, then just use another TITLE entree for your next set. You can few it like....all your multiple original files are just copy pasted DIRECTLY into one file, and the rundll32 command entered whereever neccesary. After each command call (rundll32 command call) all the neccesary keys required for RunOnceEX need to be reimported.

So yes, you can put a new title after the rundll32 command

Otay, just wanted to make sure this was going to work as I'm very close to being finished.

Start out with basic commands: I just put the section where my question comes into play... Is it correct???

cmdow @ /HID

@Echo Off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Media Applications" /f

Appz appz appz to be installed...

Skip to part where you get new menu!!!

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Installing IsoBuster" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\IsoBuster\setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\Install\IsoBuster\reg.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Moving on to System Appz" /f

cmdow @ /HID

@Echo Off

۰۰۰۰۰۰ ▲ ۰۰۰۰۰۰

I do add all this again right? "all nessary keys"

۰۰۰۰۰۰ ▼ ۰۰۰۰۰۰

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "nVidia Video Drivers" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\nVidia\6693.exe /s /v"/qb" /f

See, the number sequence is confusing me. Everyone for applications have the /V 1 /D and execution command... The fact I put Moving on to System Appz without one... What will happen? I know I could take this key out altogether, but I do have a good ideal here don't I? So people will know more is comming if they are watching this?

Thanks for any help!

Wisc

@www2000

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\IsoBuster\setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\Install\IsoBuster\reg.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

@www2000

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\Install\IsoBuster\reg.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

that shouldn't work....

this should.

You don't need to repeat the CMDOW or anything like that. ONLY the part where the lines start REG. The SET and everything before does NOT need to be repeated.

REG ADD %KEY%\001/VE /D "nVidia Video Drivers" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\nVidia\6693.exe /s /v"/qb" /f

thankyou.gif Alanoll

That pretty much answers it all then on this subject!

Unless I need

at the end before Exit, but I'm assuming one wouldn't since it's not on the main

page.

Cheers!

drink2.gif

Oh and of course you deserve a drink too! :)

pepsi.gif