"the effect of IT on society"

metho

i been reading all of urs posts in "Lounge", i gota say that u all have something interesting to say.... but none of u started a "THINKER THREAR", where people think about something,,,, i am being brave enough to start a thread which is related to social and general side.......

"The effect of IT on Society"

How would u say that the society have changed with the effects of computers, in which way would u describe the effect of IT on society. What r the negative sides of the "I.T".

just to start the thread i would say that I.T's impact is far deeper then it seems, people's lives have changed completely, they have new ways to make friends i.e. chartrooms, emails, msn/yahoo messengers.

Contribute to this thread, u may think that its a boring and useless thread, but its not it will be very interesting and addictive topic.......

i couldn’t wait to hear what u all have to say ......

well, the effects of IT on society have two sides in my opinion, one of them is that it all became more accessable for everyone to have some know how about computers, i dont know much to say about the good things that happened but ill try, one of the greatest things that happened is the ability for students worldwide have at least (of course this doesnt happen in every school in the world) one computer with an internet access which allows a greater quantity of subjects and perspectives about those same subjects, i think i would be a hundred percent certain if i said that that is starting to become reality in every school of Europe, North America and Japan. so it has some good sides. One of the bad sides are those companies who take advantage from the good will of the people who are new to IT and with the certain amount of marketting can sell practly anything to consumers, exprienced or not, i know people who have some good computer knowledge and they consider that computers are only pentium, not even Intell, just pentium. The operating system is just Windows, and any other would be a hacker (popular definition) tool. I think ive said everything i could, in bad english though lol, well i cant help it portuguese is my native lingo.