CATALYST Uninstaller Question?

ChunkDog

CATALYST Uninstaller

This tool is used to delete all ATI related files from your system. This includes ATI CATALYST software suite and any ATI Demos.

Filename: cat-uninstaller.exe

File Size:  300 KB

(Download time approximately 2 minutes at 28.8K.)

Posted: 10/08/2003

Will this Utility get rid of the ATI media center program as well? I wouldlike to use it to do fresh driver installs, but I dont want to get rid of the media center for my AIW 9700 Pro.

No one knows the answer?

• 5 months later...

I use XP_PRO_SP2 . for a fresh install uA or not , if you have a radeon card , xp_SP2 have a driver

for you (microsoft signed) .

that works well and can be ok for an office computer .

but if you want install a new driver you can do this but cannot works.

because after a new reboot is not all rights there , and you have to (as only solution) roll back to microsoft driver .

if use before that CATALYST Uninstaller is very very ok no problems with

any catalyst version you want to install.

but this delete all the traces of any drivers . so i believe (i am not sure) , without drivers (after catalyist uninstaller) we cannot have <<MMC and Remote Wonder>> because all that are related to the calalyst drivers .

sure we can have Control Panel/Control Center>> if they are included in the catalyst package, after install of the package .

am am very happy with the new 5.4 version.

anyone , test the omega drivers ???!

er....yes lol

:blink:

anyhow...

Yes, as far as i know, the uninstaller removes all ati software including MMC and Remote Wonder as well as the Control Panel/Control Centre/Drivers

Just to confirm it, both the ATI - Software Uninstall Utility (listed in Add/Remove Programs) & the CATALYST Uninstaller (that you can download) will remove *all* ATI software & 3rd party software bundled with the install CD (cant remember its name but I had some movie creation software that was bundled with the card and it got rid of that too)

If needed, you should be able to safely uninstall the ATI Catalyst package which will only uninstall the following:

- ATI Catylyst Control Center

(i haven't got installed the version that doesn't use Control Center)

but in both cases, it may or may not uninstall the following:

- ATI Control Panel (for those not using the Control Center version)

- ATI Display Driver

If it doesn't uninstall them, you can uninstall them also and reboot :)

So if you dont want to remove other ATI programs/demo's/bundled apps, then you'll have to make sure you dont choose the "CATALYST Uninstaller" or the "ATI - Software Uninstall Utility" (which is probably the same thing anyway lol)

Then, you should be good to go to install the updated/new drivers or whatever you are wanting to do (allow windows to put in its own driver i think - it wont harm anything when you go to install the new drivers).

Hope that makes some sorta sense (have to stop posting in the early hours of the morning lol)

Regards,

N.