BCDW 2.0a Folder Structure

mediapla

I wanna make a MultiBoot DVD with BCDW 2.0. I will use some XP Versions (Corporate Versions preactivated) How must i set the folder structure ? Which files i need in the root or in the renamed I386. Can i use renamed I386 direct from root dir ? Can i use only one $OEM$ dir for all ? I tried the last 2 weeks,but no one iso runs. Only if i use the normally I386 dir, the DVD boots. If i use another name (XPH1) Installation cancel. Tried to hex- patch setupldr.bin - Cancel Treid to use a patched bootsect.bin - Cancel Whats going wrong ? I thougt the version 2.0 is easy to use, only point to setupldr.bin in varios dirs... Im going creazy.... :blink:

This is my idea:

Root|- with some needed filed

|-$OEM$

|-BCDW

|-XPH1(renamed I386 Vers. A with subdirs (ASMS,SYSTEM32,....)

|-XPH2( " B )

|-XPH3( " C )

is this possible ?

Thanks for all help...

• 2 weeks later...

@JohnSteven:

what you did is nothing diff. to that in the official guide of this forum, every one if he reads and follows the multiboot AIO-CD guide carefully, would be able to create such thing. The many $OEM$ folders do not occupy much cd space if you utilize the "optimizing" function cdimage.exe.

@mediapla:

I've made such multiboot cd(as you wished) sometimes ago and posted the results and some tips related to bcdw 2.0 in this forum. Please do a search (for member "htc", key words bcdw or setupldr)

What I did was answer a post.
...but not a aswer for his question!

Everone who has the basic knowledge of multiboot AIO cd knows that the member mediapla wanted to create a multiboot cd other than the usual one(guided by the official docs of this forum)

@John Stevens : No problem, I know you want help me...but its not the solution for my problem.

@htc: I know its a very difficult problem, that i have. I need it for my work, i have to install everyday 8-10 computers in our computer-service. And not only machines of one manufacturer. And then more versions of this one manufacturer (XP Home/Pro/ MCE 2002/2005...) And the Guides do not help me, because then i have problems with the preactivation.

So i need so much versions on one DVD. It works (with BCDW 1.5a/z) but my greatest problem is the $OEM$ folder. If the OEMFILESPATH would work on CD/DVD....this would be a solution..but MS said it would only works on network drives. But i will search for your articles, maybe i found a good idea..

In my AIO-compilation there is only one $OEM$ folder for all WinXPs... and this folder will be copied to hdd %systemdriver% completely at the installation time scale directly after the install-files copy, i.e before first reboot and T-39. So I donot understand what you really meened with:

" but my greatest problem is the $OEM$ folder. If the OEMFILESPATH would work on CD/DVD....this would be a solution."

@HTC: I thougt with oemfilespath i can point to a $OEM$ folder anywhere at the install medium and then for each version. But MS Tech says it runs not on CD/DVD, only by network install. And my XP versions are not preactivated if i install it from a folder directly under the root ( see my other post and your tipps). So i will use the older BCDW 1.5 folder structure (that works fine) - patched bootsector, 1 "Bootdiskfolder" with patched setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif and winnt.sif and 1 Install folder with I386 and $OEM$ inside. I thougt it would be easier, if i have only 1 OEM for all - i have 9 XP Home, 2 XPpro,

2 XPMCE 2005, 4 XPMCE 2002, 1 W2k and 1 W98 on DVD. So each version needs an OEM - if i must update driver and patches - a lot of work. But i need it preactivated... for my work.

Important 1:I've point out it is possible to habe only one $OEM$. Was willst du mehr?

Important 2:Another way to use the build method of traditional multiboot AIO-DVD, but only one ($OEM$)drivers folder on the CD/DVD is the M2 method of Pyron, http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=12566.

You need a advanced level of the knowledge of OS-setup if you want to realize such things.