CDIMAGE HEEEEEELP!

coucou

Hi,

My target was: creating an Office 2003 AIO SP1 (5 cd's: Office, Frontpage, OneNote, Project, Visio) including MUI (MultiLanguage User Interface) SP1.

I used an original Office_2003_AIO.iso (size= 583 GB).

I followed the MSFN Office 2003 - Slipstreaming Guide and I had success to slipstream all.

Then I used cdimage to create and optimize my new Office 2003 SP1 AIO.

Here the cdimage.bat file content

cdimage.exe -lOFFICE11 -h -n -m -o -d F:\AIO\ F:\Office2003_SP1.iso

The image size obtained is 1360GB

Unfortunately I can't more downsizing this CD image. Moreover, I noticed the files inside the original Office 2003 AIO was compressed .CAB when NO .cab file inside the new Office 2003 SP1 AIO (see attached image).

TNX for yr help

coucou

1. What are you asking, first of all? Please make your question clearer, if it hasn't been answered.

2. This has been posted in the wrong place. Moving to "Application Switches" section.

3. As a policy, msfn dis-courages piracy. Your post is quite clear about the fact that the AIO you got is not legal. (for that matter, there is *NO* legitimate AIO).

Assuming that this info is for purely educational purposes, what I'd say is:

a. The image does not total up to such high numbers. Without the MUI, the AIO of Office2003 (all 5 CDs) should come to approx. 870 MB. How many MB does the MUI add to the total? Certainly not adding ~500 MB to the 870 MB ?

b. You won't see any .CABs after having carried out the slip-streaming of SP1. This is normal. Why does it happen? Because:

1. you have made an Administrative Install Point, haven't you? That is uncompressed Install source now. And above this, SP1 is merged.

Hoping this helps.....

@prathapml: First of all TNX for yr replying

Regarding yr reply, I try to be more clear.

My final target is to get a DVD with all in it, WinXP + WinXP MUI, Office 2003 + Office 2003 MUI (including the latest SP’s and hotfix), Antivirus, Firewall, AntiSpy, Multimedia appz and tools & utilities…

As, I have already the Official Win XP Pro VLM SP2 Pre Integrated, I start slipstreaming Office 2003 AIO with the Office 2003 SP1 + the updates. I slipstreamed the MUI too (2 languages: French +Hebrew) with MUI SP1. Slipstreaming successfully.

1.What are you asking, first of all? Please make your question clearer, if it hasn't been answered.
My original CD’s of Office 2003 AIO (5 CD’s: Office, Frontpage, OneNote, Project and Visio) as well as the MUI’s have a .CAB files. After having carried out the slip-streaming of SP1, I NOT sees any .CABs.

Is there any how to recompress the Slipstreamed SP1 with .CAB files?

In fact, the size is more down with the .CABs than with CDIMAGE.

2. This has been posted in the wrong place. Moving to "Application Switches" section.
You’re probably right!
3. As a policy, msfn dis-courages piracy. Your post is quite clear about the fact that the AIO you got is not legal. (for that matter, there is *NO* legitimate AIO).
The AIO I have is a legal one, I got it from xBetas.com.
Assuming that this info is for purely educational purposes, what I'd say is:

a. The image does not total up to such high numbers. Without the MUI, the AIO of Office2003 (all 5 CDs) should come to approx. 870 MB. How many MB does the MUI add to the total? Certainly not adding ~500 MB to the 870 MB ?

Here the size details:

Office 2003 AIO (original)= 582 662KB

AIO SP1= 215 976KB (Office=73 906, Frontpage= 73 906, OneNote= 19649, Project=26022, Visio= 22493)

AIO updates= 14 800KB

Slipstreamed Office 2003 AIO SP1= 1 821 806KB

Final Office 2003 AIO SP1 created by CDIMAGE= 936 288KB

Original MUI (Fr+Heb)= 170 626KB

MUI SP1= 32 000 KB

Slipstreamed MUI SP1= 542 241 KB

Final MUI SP1 created by CDIMAGE= 513 864 KB

b. You won't see any .CABs after having carried out the slip-streaming of SP1. This is normal. Why does it happen? Because:

1. you have made an Administrative Install Point, haven't you? That is uncompressed Install source now. And above this, SP1 is merged.

EXACT!

I hope I was clear this time.

Do you think that you can help me??? TNX to let me know further.

Regards

couocu

Hmm.......

I already said that it is uncompressed install source now. Nothing can be done to make it compressed again, unless you're Bill Gates. The most you *CAN* do, is to use winrar to compress it.

Plenty of size information you have given, and everything seems to be proper. Office 2003 + SP1 slip-streamed, in an AIO, does touch near 900 MB. So I guess you just need to put it on a DVD.

do you need the aio tool to rebuild your image

I guess not. That won't help for what he's trying to do anyway.

What's more, that tool is not perfectly legal. And he hasn't got the AIO legally either (tell me..... just *WHERE* does MS sell legitimately licensed AIO CDs? lol

and then xbetas is most certainly not a legit site)

So its best not to take the AIO issue further.

Hi,

@prathapml: TNX, you avoid me searching more!

BTW, if i winrar compress it, how do i keeps etup functionality????

@Famer: I have an Office 2003 AIO Maker. It's CDIMAGE based, which downsize the .iso image file but not .cab compressing file (see image above).

If your AIO Tolll compress the files, YES I NEED IT.

Cheers

coucou

Yeah, nor can famer's AIO maker give back your CABbing. So don't hope for too much! :P

I've described in a previous post of mine, about the idea of how to RAR o2k3 all 5 CDs and still keep the needed functionality. Please search.

Yeah, nor can famer's AIO maker give back your CABbing. So don't hope for too much! :P

I've described in a previous post of mine, about the idea of how to RAR o2k3 all 5 CDs and still keep the needed functionality. Please search.

Like I said before, search.