Royale theme without Blue, Silver... styles?

sonu27

I have the Royale theme, but I want the Silver, Blue and ther other style removed; just the Royale style. I tried the with resource hacker but the when I click the arrows there were still blank spaces; where Blue, Silver and Homestead used to be. Can anyone edit the Royale theme and make sure only Royale is there and none of the these problems? Thanks!

I got the Royale theme, but where do you get the energy blue theme? BTW, these aren't really themes are they, they are just the appearance packages like the border, etc right? No wallpaper, screensaver, icons, right?

Anyway since someone recommended me go the hacked uxtheme.dll file way, I've had a hard time. they said to put the theme in the windows/resources/theme directory and the theme file right outside of the folder. Some work like this but some do not. Some I have to put 1 layer up, or whatever u call it in windows/resources directory? How come Why the inconsistency? Am I doing something wrong?

If I get rid of Style XP because everyone told me to, I know it leaves all the screensavers on your computer, it says you should not use them . but is it safe to keep using them?

Thanks

I am putting this thread here because it has to do with getting that energy blue theme.

I got it, but it said I need the tabbed pc edition?// So I wouldn't get yelled at, I searched, but I seriously must not know how to search right. I searched under 'tabbed pc edition' about 8 items came up, none of which had that in their title, but I looked inside also and mentioned NOTHING.

So,

1) first and foremost, what am i doing wrong searching

2) do you need the tabbed pc edition

3) what is it, where is it, is it free to get

4) my previous question that I DID search for can someone answer if possible:

Why am I being told by some that themes can be put in windows/resources/themes, but some go in windows/resources. Why the inconsistency in where they can be put? Is that Windows or the themes creators?

Thank you very much

Eric

@eric

Your question is not clear. You don't have WXP Tablet PC Edition, but want to use the Energy Blue theme on XP home/pro, right?

click here for instructions

As for the inconsistency, the answer is that it is not so. All themes should go into windows/resources/themes. Anyone who says otherwise, is probably mistaken.

Thank you very much Prathapml. Chances are that I am wrong, cause I am definitely a novice. But I did get some that did not work when I put them there, and I did get some that did work when I put them up 'one layer' in resources.

If you have !plus, their theme.dll icons (files?) are in windows/resources, with the rest of the file, sure, being put in windows/resources/themes?

And yes, your explanation of my question was correct, thank you.

I do realize that anyone answering anything here is of their own free will, they could be out reading, watching the tube, at a ballgame, spending time with their significant other, sleeping, etc....so I have a tremendous amount of respect for someone so selfless.

If you have !plus,  their theme.dll icons (files?) are in windows/resources, with the rest of the file, sure, being put in windows/resources/themes?
Well, the .theme file might be referencing the wallpapers, etc. from "one level higher". But the actual theme is within the Themes folder.

Oh well..... So does the Energy Blue theme (or Royale) work for you now?

Prathapml

I am still confused.

I am very clear on the Energy Blue being a theme. I got it using the link that someone provided.

But 'Royale' is not a theme really, is it? It is just an appearance. Am I right or wrong?

How come when I have the Energy Blue theme applied, then I go to appearance, it has Windows XP listed, with Royale as the color. But then if you move the choice, it even goes further to only list the Windows XP colors Not the Royale Theme.

Can it be fixed so that if you have the Energy Blue theme applied , the appearance that is listed is an Energy Blue appearance, or Royale appearance, whichever is appropriate?

If this thread has been answered, I apologize, just give me a couple keywords to find that thread.

Eric