silently update all patch & security updates

chankya

Well if you have some patience wait for AutoPatcher version 5.0 to be released. It will include ability to update Win98. This is not something to expect tomorrow or even this month as the program is being written from the ground up as an upgrade to version 4.0. However, when it is done it will be most excellent indeed for this purpose :)

The previous versions allready released do not include support for Win98 so there would be no sense in messing with them.

Having used AutoPatcher 4.0 for my XP box I noted that user interaction is required as this program comes with much much more than just Microbloat updates and patches but it is well worth the time spent interacting with it to install patches and the like. But once you get past user selectable options AutoPatcher will "silently" install as you desire. As with any "silent" install some third party EULA acceptance questions may crop up depending on your choices. With some command line switch tinkering it can be run completely silent. The user interaction may change with version 5.0 so don't download 5.0 with the expectation that my experience with 4.0 will be precisely reflected.

Autopatcher Website

AutoPatcher Forum

:yes:

You can write a batch file and put the proper filename with the correct switch in it, i.e.

start /wait 238453US8.EXE /Q:A /R:N

The switches /Q:A /R:N works for most patches.

MDAC (german version in this case) needs a special switch:

MDAC 2.8

start /wait Mdac28de.exe /q /c:\"setup /qn1\

Security Patch for MDAC Components (for your language)

start /wait GER_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE /C:"dahotfix /q /n" /Q

Dear kukris & oftentired

i am realy very thakful to u'r quick and kind reply

specialy kukris u have sent a good batch command. can u tell me a good site for windows batch command. i am very thakful to u. if u can thanks a lot again to both of u

Well, I can't really confirm it for you. You need to ask the author of the pack, or check it yourself. You'll get many suggestions here, and then following up on that is your part of the job!

Lastly, tone down the all-caps. Its equivalent to shouting, and none of us here are deaf (in fact, all-caps is irritating and will put off people).

thanks for u'r kind advice regarding fourm rules i am new for any forum this is the first time i am using any forum it's realy good i am sorry for that i don't want to hurt any body by doing this.

i am thakful if u can advice any new forum like this on windows os