question about a graphical boot menu?

Stromi0075

With cd shell you can create even very complex graphic menu, but also very time intensiving because you have to construct everything yourself. With easyboot you cancreate it easily but with restricted function.

It has no limitation on number of boot-items, but trial version has a "only 4 items" limitation (you can make a multi-level boot menu to work around that restriction).

Mouse, BMP wallpaper, colour buttons (place anywhere), timers, graphical previews, support for boot-sectors upto 100 MB..... need more? :lol:

Yes, EasyBoot is simply the best.

To: Incroyable HULK

I've been searching for this information for quite a while. You're the first one that has claimed to have run Disk Director 9 with Easy Boot.

I haven't tried Disk Director 9 yet. That will be next. But I have loaded True Image 8 successfully within Easy Boot.

In Easy Boot, under the Menu tab, I enter the command ''bootinfotable;run xxxx.bif' (x's simply indicate the name of the .bif used. Could be anything). I've used this comand with True Image, and it works perfectly. But I'm unable to get it to work with Acronis Migrate Easy 6. I've used UltraISO to extract the boot information, just like True Image, but I'm still unable to get Migrate Easy to work.

Could you please elaborate more on how you got Disk Director to work with Easy Boot. Thanks.

I extracted the boot image of Acronis Disk Director 9 & True Image 8 with UltraISO. they both work.

Before UltraISO supported Acronis Products BIF, I had to build a floppy image of the "safe" version (2 disks) and the full version (5 disks).

All theses solutions works but it is really simpler to get the BIF from the CD with UltraISO...

hope this helps!