i can't seem to get his command to work.....

kurt476

%CDROM% is NOT an enviroment variable. You need to figure out a way to find the CDROM drive letter and assign it to that variable.

Take a look around here as there are some more posts (in the unattended forum I think) that explain how to set and use a %CDROM% variable.

Again, the %CDROM% variable is NOT a default environment variable.

:)

yes i did i put in cdrom foud nothing and put in %cdrom% found nothing again didn't find any thing on this commaind i just want to runn a command like this

start /wait %cdrom%\application\appiilcation.exe /silent

and i am just going to have a screen to click on so it automanicly installs when i click on it that all i want to do

Well, you would know if you just read that website...

In order to find the correct CD drive letter, we need to include some IF EXIST statements in the RunOnceEx.cmd file. Open RunOnceEx.cmd in Notepad, and include the following after @echo off:

IF EXIST D:\CD.txt set CDROM=D:

IF EXIST E:\CD.txt set CDROM=E:

IF EXIST F:\CD.txt set CDROM=F:

IF EXIST G:\CD.txt set CDROM=G:

IF EXIST H:\CD.txt set CDROM=H:

IF EXIST I:\CD.txt set CDROM=I:

IF EXIST J:\CD.txt set CDROM=J:

Create a blank txt file called CD.txt and place this in C:\XPCD. This allows the IF EXIST command to scan all the drive letters specified, then when it finds CD.txt it will set an environment variable of %CDROM% pointing to the correct drive letter.

@kurt476

STOP!

READ!

he simply replaced CD.TXT in what Tsunami QUOTED with WIN51IP.SP2 as THAT file is already in the CDROOT of an XP CD. THE FILE YOU SPECIFY CAN BE ANYTHING!!! EVEN AUTORUN.INF IF YOU'RE SO INCLINED.

Thread Closed.