MCE 2005 Installs not all components

:wacko: I installed XP MCE 2005 in unattend mode. Works fine, no error. But at the end of the setup process i find no mce components at my version. Its only a normal XP Prof. There is a ehome directory, with only one file. Whats going wrong ? I searched for an installer (like in mce2002) i searched the DVD(OEM Version) for winnt.sif/cmdlines.txt.. files....nothing found. But its really a MCE2005 CD, shipped with a new PC...How is it possible to install the mce components(unattended)?

:wacko: I installed XP MCE 2005 in unattend mode. Works fine, no error. But at the end of the setup process i find no mce components at my version.  Its only a normal XP Prof. There is a ehome directory, with only one file. Whats going wrong ? I searched for an installer (like in mce2002) i searched the DVD(OEM Version) for winnt.sif/cmdlines.txt.. files....nothing found. But its really a MCE2005 CD, shipped with a new PC...How is it possible to install the mce components(unattended)?

You have to make sure you use a Windows MCE 2005 product key, not a Windows XP Pro product key.

To DEVELYN: I dont use winnt32.exe , its a bootable DVD with unattended install

to METZEN: The key ist the original key from the original OEM DVD. The original

DVD installs all components, but if i add it to my special bootdvd it doesnt install.

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out? My MCE2005 was 2 disks, I copied them into the same folder and then slipstreamed SP2 into the folder. Does this seem ok? I then created my winnt.sif from the setupmgr that I pulled off the Deploy.cab

Here is the line out of my winnt.bat:

set AnswerFile=.\winnt.sif

set SetupFiles=D:\i386

D:\i386\winnt32 /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile% /copysource:lang

Where should I put the "/MAKELOCALSOURCE:ALL" is that not really needed? My key is correct as well. I was able to manually walk through the install, and had it working, I'm just trying to speed up the install phase.

Thanks in advance.

-Nick

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out? My MCE2005 was 2 disks, I copied them into the same folder and then slipstreamed SP2 into the folder. Does this seem ok?

Why would you do that? MCE2005 has SP2 integrated already. Yeah it is a 2-cd installation, because the CMPNENTS folder is on the 2nd cd.

What I did was, I just copied all the contents of the 1st disc to a folder (XPCD folder for example), then I copied the CMPNENTS folder from the 2nd disc there too (just like what you did).

Then here is an example of my winnt.sif

; Microsoft Windows XP Tablet Edition Setup Answer File
;

[UserData]
ProductKey="YOURM-EDIAC-ENTER-2005S-ERIAL"
ComputerName=MEDIACENTER2005

[Data]
MSDosInitiated=0
UnattendedInstall=Yes

[Unattended]
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
OemSkipEula=Yes

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

Everyting works fine for me.

I think the setup didn't detect the files inside the CMPNENTS folder that's why had that problem. Because I tried installing MCE2004 before without the CMPNENTS folder, and I got the same result like yours.