[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0 7zip

evilvoice

Thank you ALL (Astalavista, evilvoice, keytotime)!!! :thumbup

I had success to totaly silent install w/o 7z extraction display

1) @keytotime: i tested yr config.txt+7zS.sfx files

- config.txt OK

- 7zS.sfx still display the 7z extract.

I had to generate a new 7zS.sfx by following this guide where you're involved too, then i compressed it to 7zSC.sfx it by using upx... It works!!!

2) Now i have something strange.

nero does not register the serial number, i must entering it manualy after the install.

What more starnge is, last week i prepared a nero archive following this evilvoice guide (with the nero.cmd), tested it working many times (except the 7z extraction display problem). Today, i installed it again... same problem is not registering the serial number too.

Cheers

coucou

Is there any way, using this or a similar method, to include the entire Nero suite and perhaps slim down the source somewhat more?

As it stands, the current release of Nero + packages 1, 2, 3, etc. is over 150 megs in size. That wouldn't be a problem for someone with acess to a DVD burner, but for those of us that lack one, that eats of way too much space.

Just installing Nero is a good start, but if you need the other suite applications, like NeroMix, Nero WMA plug-in, etc. it eats up space way too fast on the CD. However, it makes little sense to install Nero with setup and to still have to go back after the unattended has finished and add all the other packages in the suite to it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

So, you have Nero SmartStart2, Express 6, BackitUp, SoundTrax, Image Drive, Burning Rom, Cover Designer, Wave Editor, Toolkit, NeroVison Express, Recode, Showtime, PhotoSnap, MediaHome, InCD, NeroMix, Nero Media Player, and Photoshow express all in your 7-zip file and with the help files its only 50MB?

If so, i'd like to know how to do so. When I mentioned the suite in my previous post, I meant the entire suite, i.e. all 6 packages.

• 2 years later...

hi guys

Now, download the attachment and copy it to the nero6601 folder...you should now have ONLY nero.7z, config.txt and nero.sfx in this folder...

Sorry asking, but where is the attachment to download?

Nero.sfx..right?

hi guys!

I just tried this excelent guide with my nero6606 and i have a problem.

It begin to extract and after that a received a message in comand line-"cmdow" is not recognized as an internal or

external command, operable command or batch file"

and a windows xp setup message saying " Please go to control Panel to install and configure system components"

What can be wrong?

ths in advance

First of all you're kicking up a topic which has been dead for almost three (3) years!

"cmdow" is a small tool which lets you hide command windows. You can download it by looking for it on Google. I would advice you however to use "cWnd" instead as it's not detected as a virus by mistake such as cmdow is.