linksys router password question

jada855

Hey all i am sure most of us have a linksys router. But today I noticed something while changing my password to the router. I noticed that the password i typed into the fileds was shown at the top of the internet explorer address field when i hit apply it looked like this

"http://192.168.1.1/Gozila.cgi?syspassword=(example)1234&sysPasswordConfirm=1234&UPnP_Work=1&FactoryDefaults=0"

can anyone who has a linksys router check and see if this is normal. I googled searched "Gozila" and it looks like a search engine the name Gozila in the internet explorer is what lead me to be curious

If this is true and the router is supposed to work this way this could be away to let people view your password for the router if they could some how retrieve this information. Well if someone could check this out change your password on the router and hit apply when the router ask you to log back in look at the address bar and take a look at the information.

Any help ideas appreaciated

I have a wrt54g linksys and I never see my password in the address bar.

i'd think it'd be extremely difficult to get that info, only because you'd a) have to get into the router to change the password, or B) be on the inside and look at that browser's history to find that page

just my .02

maybe linksys has some updated firmware for that router if it's an issue