QuickLaunch Icons

Hmm...

I was installing my latest real-world test of my XPCD, and for a reason unknown to me, all of a sudden, my quicklaunch was empty. The usualy "Internet Explorer" and "Show Desktop" icons weren't there.

The only thing I can think of is that windows started in Windows Classic theme...probably becuase this version added the installation of "Energy Blue" theme. (as part of WPI installer). however, the Energy Blue theme wasn't selected, and i guess for osme strange reason this caused classic to be selected?

but why arent the quicklaunch icons there?

happens to me too... trying to figure it out...

Same thing here.. it changes to classic (doesnt bother me really)

But with the quick launch empty... going nuts... I need my show desktop lol!!

I noticed that in display properties the theme is set to "Modified Theme"

I dont remember changing anything about display in my CDs...

Well, in that case create shortcuts on your desktop and drag them into the quick-launch tool bar.

As for the quick-launch desktop icon:

Open Notepad and enter the following text

[shell]

Command=2

IconFile=explorer.exe,3

[Taskbar]

Command=ToggleDesktop

Save the new file as Show Desktop.scf then drag and drop the icon on the Quick Launch bar or whatever location you want the shortcut to appear.

i think you are misunderstanding me.

i dont want a way to manually add them.

i want to know why they arent there now, and what changed so i can have them there, by default, like they used to be.

I fixed this problem in my cleanup file and placed the two missing shortcuts on my CD.

COPY /Y "%CDROM%\Quick Launch\" "%USERPROFILE%\Programdata\Microsoft\internet explorer\Quick Launch"

do you know what caused this problem?

i know HOW to solve it manually (above), but I want to know why it happens in the first place, and what I can do to prevent it.

this problem JUST started for me, in my last build. i dont know if it was a fluke, or if it had something to do with the changes i made.

the only change i can think of that would affect this is that i installed the royale theme, but it didnt apply, only installed. the windows classic theme applied.

do you install any themes?

this problem JUST started for me, in my last build.  i dont know if it was a fluke, or if it had something to do with the changes i made.

the only change i can think of that would affect this is that i installed the royale theme, but it didnt apply, only installed.  the windows classic theme applied.

do you install any themes?

I get the exact same problem !!

see few threads down "Royale Theme just won't apply..."

my windows starts in classic theme , and in quick launch i have only "Show Desktop" and "Internet Explorer"

i already checked - its not a problem with the $OEM$ folder , i tried to remove it and install

and still got classic theme , i tried creating a new XPCD + SP2 Slipstreamed , from two different discs

(2 different SP2 downloaded packs , and 2 different XPCD's)

and still windows applying classic theme .. can't find the problem ..

i'm about to try some Java script "mazin" genereated for me , and see if it works and applying royale theme..

Have luck my man :thumbup