req: possibility to cancel command.x-process

my2001

Sometimes a program called by command.x directive doesn't end itself properly. Instead it waits endlessly for something to happen which isn't going to happen. Conclusion: WIHU won't continue its work because the sub-process isn't finished yet ... and never will be. Only way to continue with Windows installation is to abort WIHU and leave out the remaining installations.

Is there a possibility to give the user in WIHU the chance to abort the processing of a crashed installation program and let WIHU continue with the remaining installations?

Another off-topic question: what about your changelog? is it still kept update?

Another off-topic question: what about your changelog? is it still kept update?
No not really. :blushing: But I don't modified wihu log file behaviour. Well do it may be on weekend.
Is there a possibility to give the user in WIHU the chance to abort the processing of a crashed installation program and let WIHU continue with the remaining installations?

I could add this. May be on weekend.

Benjamin

Auch hier recht netten Dank, ich brauch' des wirklich, des hilft mir Probleme mal kurz ausm Weg zu räumen und dennoch den Rest der Installation zu erleben. *hihi*

Ähm ... just a further proposal, of course, it's up 2 u 2 implement it: maybe not activate the cancel button immediately, maybe after a timeout period of perhaps 5 minutes per each installation step to avoid misuse. I think this isn't unimportant because many use WIHU to perform a completely unattended installation and don't want to offer the user any possibilities to interfere. So a timeout could help here. And maybe you could even add an ini setting like Timeout=<Sek> or timeout.x=<Sek> ... but as I said: up 2 u! :)