Slipstreamed Windows XP SP2 problem

nazz

I just cannot get slipstreamed SP2 to install. My hardware is MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR with Amd 2800+ Barton CPU. XP installs fine up to the first reboot. When it is suppost to show the Windows XP starting up screen, the PC just reboots itself. Last time I tried, I had the "Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885626)" install before DotNet 1.1 at the 12 min mark. It is still doing the same thing. I also have the latest bios update.

I installes SP2 once after installing slipstreamed XP sp1, and had endless memory errors.

Do anyone know how to resolve this isssue?

umm....why slipstream SP1 if you're going to also slipstream SP2? Or am I missing something?

A possible method to fix this is use RyanVM's update pack. Do a fresh slipstream and then copy the pack right into i386. Other than that your hardware shouldn't have anything to do with it.

My similar problem was HardWare related.

I bought Cheap Ram and the only way to get past a certain point in installing windows, was boosting up the Voltage on the Ram.

See Windows worked great with the 1 gig I had, but I was building a friends computer and he got a 1 Gig Chip and I wanted to try it out.

*sigh* That took me on a road of hell.

Anyway no matter what I did, I couldn't get Windows reinstalled. At first I kept getting a IRQ_Not_Less_Or_Equal error, but then it was acting like everything was fine, but always rebooted. *My guess is the default System Failure System Reboot option you find in the Startup and Recovery*

Once I got the voltage working properly with the Ram, the problem went away.

But I still feel the need for better Ram. Some programs refuse to work for me.

Windows Media Encoder and that Windows Movie Maker program always fail.

So far that's it though.

Hope this helps anyone whom also encountered such an error, cause I know after spending 2 weeks myself trying to figure it out... *sigh*

Wisc