Nero 6 Ultra for dummies... (Unattended install?)

ran

(Moved from Unattended forum, sorry)

OK, I know that SiMoNsAyS has a long thread started about Nero 6.6 Here.

However, I am sitting here staring at my retail boxed CD of Nero 6 ultra (6.3.1.15) and wondering.....can I make a silent unattended install of some of the applications that I use?

(There are just so many files all over, I'm not sure how to split them up, or what 'setup.exe' to run, what 'common files' folders I need, etc...)

(I use quite a few of the programs, including burning rom, wave editor, dvd player, case designer)

In addition, I downloaded all the updates (e.g. Burning ROM 6.3.1.25 update, etc...)

Could I "slip-stream" these updates into my existing Nero before creating the Unattended?

Is there a simple thread that explains all this that I somehow missed in all my searching? :(

Should I just ask Hell to freeze over? ;)

(BTW, this site (all of you!!) have been *MOST* helpful....I've almost gotten my XP and Office2003 CD's done)

(As a side note, I assume nero 6.6 requires a new license purchase/key, right?)

Ran

i think i understand what your saying, if u wanna choose the components specifically.. just browse 2 there dir's & run there setup.exe's

example: C:\Nero 6\nero\setup.exe This One

example: C:\Nero 6\setup.exe Not this one

Nope, it works with any valid Nero 6 key

The emphasis here is on "valid" - with each new version release, pirated keys keep getting blocked out, so people using one of those will be told their key is invalid.

• 4 weeks later...

That is most cool

I have a valid key...so....woohoo! 8-)

Now, do I have to install my boxed Nero, and then apply the updates, or are these nero downloads the complete programs?

That is most cool

Now, do I have to install my boxed Nero, and then apply the updates, or are these nero downloads the complete programs?

they are the complete programs

/fugg

That is most cool

they are the complete programs

/fugg

Yeah, but the boxed version has some extra files in it. Its usually bigger in size. One thing i have noticed is that the download version does NOT include the help files, while the boxed version does.

Personally I install the boxed version first, and then apply the updates.

Now, is there any way to make the boxed version unnatended and then autometically create another switch to install the updates?

Thanks

:)

Now, is there any way to make the boxed version unnatended and then autometically create another switch to install the updates?

Is there any reason to believe that you can't install in the exact same fashion with the boxed version? In other words, locate the "setup.exe" for each of the products you want to install on the cD..and go from there...?

I'll look into it right now.... :)

Ran