how can I make a message pop up upon logon?

I have a batch file that runs upon first logon for every new user. It applies some visual reg tweaks, and the user needs to login again for it to take effect. Is there some way to make a message box pop up informing the user to logout and log back in? i'm not sure how to create that. Does it have to invlove the messenger service, or can it be done a different way?

I want a simple message window that says something, then has an "OK" button.

not sure about this, but can you put in the Runonce in the registry to do the rundll32 command line for log off... other then that i dunno...

*edit* err wait... that would log off as soon as it was ran... so once it logs in it logs back out and wouldn't run the visual styles and all that...

*second edit* lol, what if you do a shutdown.exe from the end of the batchfile that you are using too apply the visual styles?

The program at the following link should handle this task...

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8300/rh8367.htm

- Ravashaak

bah... what he said.... :P

but if it was me i would still go with the shutdown.exe method as this would force the user too log of. and you can also set the time and message in it too say something like "Windows must now logout for the visual styles too take effect" and after 30 seconds have it log off....

*EDIT* hmm.. maybe i was wrong.. after many attempts too make the shutdown.exe show a message before shutting down it doesn't.... it just logs out.. and can't set the time either.....

*if anyone wants too check this maybe i got something wrong...*

shutdown.exe -l -t 120 -c "Windows is about too log off."

-l = Logoff

-t = Time too show message

-c = Message

*just tried -L also.. and it does the same thing... hmmm.....*

*off-topic...* nice signature ravashaak :P

ok... hopefully this works correctly lol. its workin fine on my computer.

in your theme batch file at the end put

PopUp /OK /II /T:Logoff /M:"Windows must now be logged off for the theme changes to take effect. Press OK to Logoff"
shutdown -l

change the text too whatever you want if you want...

now download the program "popup" posted here by ravashaak: Download

put popup.exe in the same folder as your themes batchfile. hopefully that was simple lol. when the batch file is ran it will execute popup with the message with an ok button. when the ok button is pressed or if the "X" close button is pressed the user will be logged out.

that should do it :P