Trying to save disk size.

1. http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/space_saving_tips.htm - that you've already been using that info. The folders mentioned there are safe to delete.

2. Using nLite to merge drivers.cab and SP2.cab should free up some more space - you've done that too, maybe.

3. About the files to delete in I386, the ones you mention above, I'd not think them worth deleting. In fact, deleting no files is a good idea. Because deleting any specific files manually, will mean that you also need to delete references to the file from dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif - and who knows what entries they have in the registry hives.....

But if you do insist, here's one set of files that people say is safe to delete - the spra*.dl_ and sprb*.dl_ set of files. That should slim your I386 folder by 57 files (4.72 MB) - which is very small reward for all the work you have to do to safely sweep them out.

Hoping this helps....

Could you please tell me what the original purpose of these are??
I just read somewhere that the spra* and sprb* files were junk, and recommended their deletion if space was a desperate need, that's all. Tell us too, when you find out its purpose, lol.

Its only because of that reason (that I don't know what those files do) that I'm keeping it.

Okay found the spra* files list and those are old SP1 files they definatly go.
And what about the sprb* files?