XPCREATE Error

jamesmk

GM

Cant blame you in the slightest :)

It would hell if you had to test all the evaluation version's there were/are out there. People will just have to stick to the "real deal" and get the proper version of the OS they want.

Its sad but true (as a lovely band once said hehe)

:D

Regards,

Nathan

PS Really looking forward to the next version...cant wait to try it :)

Wouldn't xpcreate in slipstreaming the hotfixes/service pack be replacing some of the very files in question and make it get very confused and not work?
Nope.

We know what the files in question are, and what the difference between eval and retail/OEM copies are. No, the "evaluation conclusion" process used would not have anything to do with this particular case of what we're trying to solve.

Which is why, probably doing it again will help. We do know that we do things a few times before we got it right. So..... do XPCREATE a few times, obtain a reproducible error, and it can be identified and fixed.

Most likely (for example), the person might have done this:

did process A, then B, then C, then P, then Q, then R - with retail (and it worked)

did process A, then B, then Q, then P, then R, forgot to do process C - with eval (and it didn't work).

@jamesmk

And yes, we ARE determined to fix the issue you reported, and help you. Which is why so many are trying to chip in with their bit. So don't give up. :yes:

Actually I've done the evaluation CD several times, and always get the same result, I've also done the 'real deal' several times (because I couldn't get the SATA drivers to work, though I think I know what I did wrong) so I know that I've used defaults for both. In the end I started using RW's cuz I was tired of wasting CD's. :realmad:

Hmm, sounds kinda odd :crazy: when I type it, but I think you get the drift.

I wouldn't have even tried the eval version, but when I was looking for my CD I spotted the pretty blue and white, and forgot the retail version was all shiny and "holografy"... "hologoofy"... uh... purty! :D

Thanks for your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...