spybot update silent switch

webservices

I always settle for the easiest way (and preferably fool proof way) to do things. During an update the help, includes, plugins and updates directory contents can be updated. I just update it on a PC, then make a copy of those on the install disc. After installing the app, I overwrite the contents of all those subfolders with the updated ones included on the disc. So far so good :)

The /autoupdate switch does work. Unfortunately, the documented /autoimmunize switch does not.

On a side note: I repacked Spybot to an msi file. It's pretty nice since all of the settings are the way I want them in an enterprise setting. And during the repack process I ran the autoupdate so that when the msi installs, the program is at least as up to date as my repack.

I then used the machine startup script to schedule spybot to run daily under the local system credentials (in which it autoupdates, autochecks, autofixes, and finally autocloses). If it runs under a user that is restricted, it can't remove registry settings of crapware in HKLM.