directx 9.0c problem in SP2

esp

Hello,

I slipstreamed SP2 manually into win xp prof.

Later when using this cd to install a different pc I noticed directx 5 was still in place.

I thought that directx 9.0c came with SP2?

Anyway, checked with dxdiag and the first item that appears is ddraw.dll with version 5.03.2600.2180, so that is directx 5.

At first I thougt I made a mistake somewhere but when i tried to install directx 9.0c redistributable the setup actually skips the installation part (the part where u see the progress bar) and ends immediatly at the last page saying "The components installed are now ready for use" but it actually have not been installed, when i enter dxdiag.exe its still DX5.

Websetup doesn't help either, all the installers just finfish witin 2 seconds stating "The components installed are now ready for use" as if everything is fine.

What am I miussing here?

I have DirectX 9.0c installed, and when I open up DxDiag, it says that my DirectX version is 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), and that my DxDiag version is 5.03.2600.2180. I think you're mixing those two. You're right that none of the files show a version of 9.0, most of them are 5.03.

post-70-1096474314_thumb.jpg

yup, indeed.

I'll tell you how it got this far.

Picture this;

_ installing 2 pc's at the same time, both with seperate problems. Pc1 won't install network card untill I found out that it ONLY installs with the specific driver on a diskette. It so happens I'm in the middle of a renovation and I don't know where that one has gone. Went to the local pc shop to get a copy. NEVER buy a sweex network card.

pc2 didn't wanna install sound drivers for some reason, resolved that fairly quickly. Other problems emerging with drivers not being compatible with SP2.

Finally I was up to my third install to get my unattended SP2 cd perfectly right (on pc2 'caus pc1 was ok) untill I noticed a program called 'All to Wave' had a problem with directX 8 not being installed. I thought that was a bit weird and I took a look at dxdiag;

completely overlooked what Tsunami pointed out in his screenshot. Never get angry with a pc... mmh I was ready to smash the thing, believe you me. Maybe an empty stumach had anything to do with it... I really thought that somehow SP2 f*ked up by not installing DX9.0c. If I didn't posted the problem here it probably would have taken me some more time.

Thanks,

grtz,

esp