NIS 2005 plus NSW 2005

totoymola

I tried removing NIS's NAV folder.  Doesn't work.  Asks to insert the NIS CD and idicates files are missing.

This is what I expected earlier.

Three days are left and I'll get those files to check. I hope I can find a solution.

Good luck.

mazin,

In case you missed it, it does install silently for me if I install NSW first, then NIS. And I can't use the CHECKPREV=0 switch for NSW (irrelevant since I'm installing it first anyway). The only 'issue' is that NIS uninstalls NSW's NAV, then reinstalls it. It takes a bit more time, but at least it works.

Would be nice if NIS had a switch that suppressed the NAV part.

If you learn anything when you have access to the software, I'd appreciate any info. If not, I can live with what I've got.

Thanks again.

Hi guys,

This is my first post but I've read this site for a long time and I've learned a LOT from all of you. GREAT JOB !!! I've just finished my first unattended last night so I'm pretty happy :thumbup

Anyways, back to the topic.... Does anyone know how to save your NIS2005 settings like popup rules, cookie rules, firewall rules etc from an existing PC and then transfer them to the new install? I have so many rules created I don't want to have to redo them every time I set up the new PC. :no:

Heres an idea that i believe is possible...Im not sure what the reg key or coding would be as i use a reg key to change the name and location of my temp folder. but maybe you could do something similiar to change the temp location or name temporarily then change it back...im about to start doing some testing on that note so ill post anything i find. ;)

[OFFTOPIC]

For some strange reason whenever i install NIS2005 i cant install anything that uses WISE installer or the msiexec.exe(Installshield I believe) and i cant uninstall NIS2005 after the fact) it jus locks up. If anyone could help me on that plz message me.

[/OFFTOPIC]