@MAZIN

For Deleting temporary files and folders We need Only :

CLS

@echo off

ECHO Deleting temporary files and folders

RD /S /Q %TEMP%\

EXIT

The

RD /S "DirName" : Deletes files and folders inside "DirName" and DirName also.

/Q : for quiet mode.

Finaly %TEMP% must be created after (If it was really supressed ".dat inside" !) :

We need to add : MD %TEMP%

Have a nice Day @mazin :thumbup

@ALiAS_2004

You're definitely right. The reason why I used that combination is that I tried RD stuff and it ketp asking for confirmatin. I don't know why.

But, we don't need to re-create %TEMP% folder again. The slash after %TEMP%\ means deleting objects inside TEMP folder, not the TEMP folder itself.

Thanks and have a good day.

@totoymola

You can wait for less than two weeks (if no solution works). I've got a friend who has those apps on his PC. I'll visit him to see if I can do some attempts on his machine.

Hello Mazin,

"But, we don't need to re-create %TEMP% folder again. The slash after %TEMP%\ means deleting objects inside TEMP folder, not the TEMP folder itself."

I dont agree with you. Unfortunately, with or without "\" the directory passed in parameter to RD /S is deleted itself. (Tested with Win XP)

used with /Q, no question is asked.

Good Continuation and all my respect mazin. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

None of this works for me!

I can install NSW 2005 silently, and I can install NIS 2005 silently, but I can not install both of them whether I delete the temp folder, temp files, etc., or not.

NSW 2005 bombs out if NIS 2005 is already installed.

Has anyone actually installed both silently?

I'm getting closer.

If I install NSW 2005 first, then NIS 2005, both install silently, but....

The PC restarts immediately after NIS 2005 installs, so my .cmd file does not finish. I'm deleting the temp folder successfully, and I'm using the following command for NIS 2005:

start /wait NIS2005\SYMSETUP.EXE /O CHECKPREV=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB

Just finished another test without the CHECKPREV=0 switch. NIS installed silently after NSW and the batch file continued correctly. Perhaps the CHECKPREV=0 switch is incorrect.

One additional comment - when the NIS install starts, it spends a fair amout of time (probably 30 seconds) 'Initializing' and it seems to uninstall the antivirus component that NSW installed. Then it reinstalls NAV and continues with its other components. Strange. Is there a way to suppress NIS's installation of NAV?

Thanks guys for the help in this thread.