SP2 setting Shellstate?

pkx

Long story short, SP2 cannot be slipstreamed into the version of windows I have (It successfully slipstreams in, but I then get a manifest parse error upon setup), so I'm installing it via RunOnceEx.

After SP2 gets installed (w/ /noreboot option), RunOnceEx imports all of the registry tweaks I want, and then the PC is restarted. These registry tweaks include setting exporer's view settings to details and turning on classic folder view:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]"ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,33,88,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

01,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"WebView"=dword:00000000

"ClassicViewState"=dword:00000001

Once the PC reboots and the user logs in, the Shellstate is set back to non-classic folder view! (specifically, the "88" is set to "a8" in shellstate, and the Webview is "1" instead of "0"). It appears as though SP2 (or something else I'm installing)? is setting these two keys - but not until the first reboot?

These two keys require a reboot to take effect, and I don't want to have the PC reboot *again* just to change this view. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

HKCU needs to be imported at cmdlines.txt stage, not runonceex

aah. I see that now. Should have spent an extra few minutes reading. Would have saved me a lot of hours yesterday.

Thanks. Builing a new ISO now :)

Looks like the version I have already has SP1a slipstreamed in... and that's why I'm having issues slipstreaming SP2 in over it (looks like it's a known problem judging by my google search results).