Usernames can't be more than 15 Characters Long.

The Land of Smeg

Hi, I just registered at it said on the left column next to the Username: field 'Usernames must be between 3 and 32 characters long' but it would only let me put a name in up to 15 Characters long.

I wanted to register "The Land of Smeg" which is 16 Characters and didn't realise that the 16th character didn't get accepted so now I'm stuck with only part of my full username.

Can you please correct this to allow the full 32 characters on the Registration form, and change my name to 'The Land of Smeg'.

Thanks,

The Land of Smeg

Which lands it firmly in the realm of Site/Forum issues prathapml. :P

TO get the name changed, PM an admin in a day or so (they might see the post before then).

As for the problem, thanks for brinign light to this, I'm sure the problem will be fixed shortly.

Hi, I just registered at it said on the left column next to the Username: field 'Usernames must be between 3 and 32 characters long' but it would only let me put a name in up to 15 Characters long.

There you go. It wasn't forum problem. I think you did mistake somehow when you registered.

}
 if (strlen($len_u) > 32)
 {

I just changed your username in ACP and it works.

Please check your board templates ;)

<tr>

<td class="pformleft"><b>Please choose a Username</b><br />Usernames must be between 3 and 32 characters long</td>

<td class="pformright"><input type='text' size='32' maxlength='15' value='' name='UserName' class='forminput' /></td>

</tr>

And thanks for the name change :thumbup "The Land of Smeg" is a reference to the BBC comedy series Red Dwarf, so there's no Land of Smeg without "The Land of Smeg" :P