WMP 10 can not install !?

Ashu_09

:(

guys

i just downloaded WMP10 from the link given on this site...

i tried installing it but it says something about the package is not tested and does not have some logo..... and also it started downloading something for the first time but i downloaded the pack of 12 MB isnt it the entire download ???

but that was for the first time, i cancelled it as i was confused if it still needs some more files ????? but then after whenever i tried installing it , it always gave this error i described above .....

any ideas ???

i do not have any SP installed ..... i never thought they were needed as i never surfed on the net never did much with comp..... but now that i have a cable connection i thought i would update it n as i go on the site there r no much updates for windows ???? it says they have chabged the site to serve better .... but then no much updates ..... ????? strange !!!!! :(

any more suggestions what i should do ... like any perticular updates i need ..... or anything else i should download .... or something like that ... which could help me improve the performance of XP as people say you can improve the performance way better then what is default .... i never tried anything like that

anyways ...

thank you

Ashu

MS recomends Windows XP Service Pack 2

Windows Media Player 10 works best with the latest software version of the Player and operating system. I think that means SP2!

I have service pack 2 and I cannot install WMP10 either.

EDIT : Can't install WMP9 either. Probably because I have an nLited version of Windows.. and I deleted WMP :w00t: