Power DVD on unattended CD ?

Wyverns

Try this

REG ADD %KEY%\1005 /VE /D "Installing PowerDVD5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\PowerDVD5\Setup.exe -s -f1\"%systemdrive%\Install\PowerDVD5\setup.iss\" /f

That will NOT work. He has to record it first, and he needs the logfile as well (he's not doing it from the HD - just like I am). And not everybody installs that way either...

You dont need f1 if you use f2.

This is what I use:

setup.exe -s -f2%systemdrive%\powerdvd.log

I install my powerdvd from the DVD and I have all my files packed in a rar sfx archive called powerdvd.exe

So when the program runs all the files are first extracted into a temporary directory and then the setup begins. So technically I dont even need to specify the path for the log since the log will be created anyway in the temp directory. But, what the heck? I delete the log files later anyway.

It only works because your SFX extracts files to the HD first then you run it from there, if you actually ran the setup from DVD like I do, it would NOT work, you DO require BOTH f1 and f2 from CD/DVD, else it will NOT install.

No! You dont. If the iss file is in the same directory as the setup file, all you need to do is specify the target for the log file using the "f2" option.

If I omit f1 (the setup.iss IS in the same spot as setup.exe) then it does not work. Weird... I've had issues in the past getting apps to install like that from a DVD, and this is the only way it works for me. From the HD, it works fine regardless. If I remember right, without f1 I get error -3 in the log file (Required data not found in the Setup.iss file) and if I mention f1, it installs perfectly.

I just tried 5 different programs, all using the installshield installer, the installation folders burnt to a cd with the following syntax:

PowerDVD

ATI Control Panel

ATI WDM Driver

DriverLINX Port I/O Driver

Nvidia NVMixer

foldername\setup.exe -f2%systemdrive%\programxx.log

All the programs were installed successfully and the result displayed in the log file was 0.