change textmode

when you start the installation off windows XP you come in textmode. can you change this the text?

:D if i got many luck it is even possible to change the color :D

and when you come in the GUI-mode you see "setup wil finis in approximately 30 min" where can i change this i know that it is possible to do it but i forgot how :}

already thanks for answer

you can edit the text "Press F6 to load..." or "Setup is insecting your..."

open setupldr.bin with a hex editor, find the strings above and replace 'em with your own (and make sure you don't use backspace; keep the string lenght same).

you can also change text "Press any key to boot from CD..." if you edit bootfix.bin

both files are in I386 folder

For the "Setup will finish in approx x min" text, open up WINNT32U.DLL in Resource Hacker, expand String Table, expand 67 and select 10xx (where xx is a number, for example 43 for Dutch). Then edit string 1064 and 1065 to you likings. Make sure you makecab it, because WINNT32U.DL_ needs to be replaced too. I'm not sure if it is neccesary, but you can do the same for WINNT32A.DLL (both files look pretty much the same, and I think noone found out yet what the difference is between the two).

*Edited for content*

WINNT32U.DL_ needs to be replaced too. I'm not sure if it is neccesary, but you can do the same for WINNT32A.DLL (both files look pretty much the same, and I think noone found out yet what the difference is between the two).

I believe I read somewhere that *A.dll and *U.dll are for WinNT32.exe and WinNT.exe respectively but I am not very sure about this. From what I have read, I believe it has something to do with the portion of the installer that is calling it, again I am unsure of this either. Needless to say, if you modify one, you need to modify the other to match it exactly for it to work, from what I have determined from reading the (massive,) thread on it.