tcpip replace, once and for all

scorpy

Ok, I have read kinda how to replace on my current system, but still have questions. I read nolookingca's way, and am unsure of the actual replacer script I need.

BTW, I wasn't very clear on how to replace the files if you're doing it on a installed sp2 system so here is it:

use

CODE 

expand filename.xx_ filename.xxx

on all the files

and then search your windows directory for the files. There should be 3 copies for each file. Don't worry if you only have one copy. Then use Replacer: http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/ to replace all the files. Read the replacer readme file first! Remember: These files are for Windows XP Service Pack 2 Final (Build 2180) ONLY! Make sure you expanded the files before you replace them or things can get a bit messy.

Basically, after reading the readme, all I could guess was this:

;; ReplacerScript

; Replace tcpip

tcpip.sys

and throw that in a text file to be dragged onto replacer.cmd. I would, of course, have the tcpip.sys file in that same directory. My question remains, do I need two entries since its in two locations (System32 and ServicePackFiles/I386)?

I'm not sure, but I read somewhere (probably from Zaheer, whose file pack I based upon) that you need to replace all the copies. It probably can't hurt if you go either way. (I've once replaced only one copy, and it seemed to work)

P.S. If you're doing this just once, there's really no point in using a script.