path

does this path look correct for all the files?

C:\XPSP1a_ENG_PRO\$OEM$\$1\Install

in conjunction with:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\OfficeXP\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

etc.

I ran it Friday with my path wrong for the files and I've made the adjustments that I think should work. Am I wrong in assuming this? :}

Your command should look like this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

if your path looks like this:

C:\XPSP1a_ENG_PRO\$OEM$\$1\Install\Office\

say you're installing XXX program. you would put that into XXX folder right?

that folder should be at

C:\XPSP1a_ENG_PRO\$OEM$\$1\Install\XXX\setup.exe

and your path should be

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\XXX\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

hope this helps...if not, the father of all unattended: http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/oemfolders.htm

So, this is what mine looks like...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office11\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

C:\XPSP1a_ENG_PRO\$OEM$\$1\Install\Office11

based upon your advice above then this is correct? Hows does the command know that the install is in the \$oem$\$1\install folder? Should it be moved to just oem>install?

If you want a "Applications" folder in your command line, then your paths should look like

C:\XPSP1a_ENG_PRO\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Office11\

C:\XPSP1a_ENG_PRO\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\XXX\

and vice versa.

basically windows will translate "$oem$\$1\" into the drive you're installing windows into, which is usually C:\..

so if you think about it, if $1 is C:\

then just add anything that comes after that logically:

$1 = C:\

$1\install = C:\install

$1\install\applications = C:\install\applications

$1\install\applications\XXX\setup.exe = C:\install\applications\XXX\setup.exe

Why don't you read the Unattended page on OEM folders? it explains everything clearly.

As you can see on the left, the $OEM$ folder stays parallel to the i386 folder, not inside it. Anything in $1 will be copied to the root of the hard drive of where Windows is installed to (C:\ for example). See the examples below on how it all works:

In preparation, the layout is:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\

When burned to CD (X:\ being the CD-ROM Drive letter), the layout is:

X:\$OEM$\$1\Install\

When the \$OEM$\$1\Install is copied over to the hard drive during Setup, the layout is:

C:\Install\

Makes sense? This is why in certain parts of the site you will find commands such as:

"start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MSN\msnmsgs.msi /qb" as this gives the same output as C:\Install\ when C:\ is the Windows drive.

I must be mistaken...I thought this was a forum that allowed users to submit questions, and have other users/members assist.  If I have this wrong please let me know and I'll take my novice tail someplace else.

There's no need to get hoity toity over it. Theres a certain understanding amongst those of us who frequent the forums that people are expected to do their homework prior to asking questions. Simply put, it gets tiring answering the same questions over and over when many of them have already been answered.

http://unattended.msfn.org/ is a very valuable resource. I'd suggest that you check there first, then search for your question using the search tool of the forums, then post. You'll find that people are generally much more willing to help at that point.

Relax buddy, we're here to help so long as you do some work on your end too.