Norton antivirus 2005

skeetre

I figured it could be activated on it's first boot up after install. Or.. could save the activation info, then insert it into the registry, or slipstream the activated files into a package or something. That's what I'm asking.. how to do it?

• 2 weeks later...

Except it isn't the same, The last method of 2004 doesn't work for 2005. The files are in different spots. In the future can u please just SUGGEST that there is an older way but not kill the thread like that, I would like an updated version for AV 2005. Thanks...

@skeetre

A search taking a few seconds can bring you an answer.

@buletov

Do you think your post is of any help to a person who's asking for a way to install a product?

However, who can ever trust a freeware for such a critical mission of proterctng PCs against threats? Are data and accumulated work so cheap?

Can you hold a free-software author accountable while you haven't paid them a penny?

Actually, Symantec products are the greatest software in their field. This is accumulated experience over years.

I do not trust software authors who appear suddenly with new software and then offer their products for free. They can only attract idiots who do not have real sensitive data on their PCs.

And before all, they are imitators, who copy others' work and provide it for free without worrying about others' PCs.

@SilverBullet

The method prathapml refered to is the same and it's adapted to NAV 2005, here.

I think this thread should be closed. We'd better stick to the thread above (NAV 2005) instead of repeating same instructions again and again!!!

@mazin: yes, and mcdonald's is the only good food there is, right? just because it's known all around wolrd doesn't meant it's the best. avast home for example, is a free antivirus is dating form the 1988, and that's about 15 years of experience...not so sudden, huh? but the marketing campaign is always a misleader. here's a fact: norton slows down your computer more that twice than most other, more quality software does, and it's update system is one of the slowest.

you could try the software before you condemn it. i tried norton before i spoke.

buletov and mazin,

please take the time to understand what each other has posted in his reply. From where I see it, both of you are stating the same point and mis-understanding what the other person is trying to say.

And make it "court adjourned" and knock it off dudes, before it goes too much off-topic and this thread needs to be closed!