Longhorn Trnasformation Pack 7

DakotaSunRunner

Hi,

Just wondering, has anyone used Longhorn Transformation Pack 7 yet? If you have, is it safe to use, suppose you do not like it, can it easily be removed. How does windows XP like it especailly with sp2?

I hessitate using it for fear it might do something nasty or that I cannot take it out if I do not like it.

Just wondering,

Dakota SunRunner

:hello:

I tried LH Transformation Pack 7 on my WinSP2 in a VMware medium. Looks nice ... Although the side bar is pretty annoying and I can't figure out how to move it because appears in the middle of the screen :D

The software's author offers no guaratee for it's program because it's a free one. As far as I noticed during the installation some Win files are modified or patched. I haven't tried to uninstall it yet to see if it damages anything on my Win install.

I'll let you know if I encounter any problems.

I tried LH Transformation Pack 7 on my WinSP2 in a VMware medium. Looks nice ... Although the side bar is pretty annoying and I can't figure out how to move it because appears in the middle of the screen :D

The software's author offers no guaratee for it's program because it's a free one. As far as I noticed during the installation some Win files are modified or patched. I haven't tried to uninstall it yet to see if it damages anything on my Win install.

I'll let you know if I encounter any problems.

HI,

Ok, thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I downloaded it today, but I do not think I will use it. Even though I read about it on another forum and web site, they raved about it and how wonderful blah blah blah it was and I did not beleive it.

You told me what I want to know at least, but let us know more about it when you discover more.

Thanks,

Dakota SunRunner :whistle:

honestly, i would like to do without the longhorn transformation pack, but i would like all of the files that it extracts...if they made it so someone could extract all of the contained files, then it could be even the more useful...

on that note, i have two things I wonder about:

1) there is something called longhornui.exe that is loaded with windows after installing the transformation pack. In my opinion, anything extra that has to be loaded increases boot time

2) on certain skins (like Luna Enhanced) my windows twitch

anyone else experience this?

Although the side bar is pretty annoying and I can't figure out how to move it because appears in the middle of the screen :D

SideBar can be left unchecked when installing the pack. I installed it once to see what it is, but I used Task Manager to close it next.

The pack caused my explorer.exe to freeze and become totally unresponsive. (I couldn't even kill it in taskman) Uninstalled w/o any problems.

2) on certain skins (like Luna Enhanced) my windows twitch   anyone else experience this?

yes.

Put the N_E_O_W_I_N Transformation Pack :thumbup back on after i uninstalled the LH pack before rebooting. Glad to see the installers are authored very well. :)