use xp camera drivers in 2k3?

gigabitfx

my olympus d-340r camera works great in xp and is included with xps camera drivers list. i want to install the camera in 2k3 though, however when i try, there are no drivers in 2k3 camera driver list. ive already got the image aquisition service started and set to enabled.

is there any way i can take the .inf from xp and use the have disk in 2k3 to install my driver in 2k3?? any clues to where i could start looking to find the entire list of cameras or my specific models inf. any info would be helpful

if the driver works with xp it will most likely also work with w2k3!

just try it. point the wizard you use to install drivers to the directory where the inf file is.

if its compatible w2k3 will automaticaly install it. if not, you can still try the "have disk" option. if this doesnt work too, open the inf file and enter a semicolon at the beginning of the line containing "classguid= {...." and repeat the first two steps.

I've got a HP Digital Camera....and when I installed the software for it in Win 2003 Server Enterprise edition...it works just fine...I also use Cam2PC 4.36..which I find to be better...and my camera is listed...once its connected....it won't show in "Scanners and Cameras" in the control panel....untill its connected

you should be able to install the 3.1 twain driver listed here:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/...oduct=94&OS=Win

Thats basically all the camera is Twain Compliant Driver...like the Scanner..have your tried that.

if you can get your camera working...and just want the 'Olympus D640R' so show up when its connected and listed in the control panel 'scanners and cameras'..that can be changed in the registry...I can name my HP 620 to anything I want:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0001]

"FriendlyName"="hp photosmart 620"