HTML Error Messages

This is a strange question partly because i'm asking it for someone else.

We have a guy doing the webdesign and he was saying he is able to view advanced error messages on his local PC 2000 Professional, that indicate the exact error of the page that his busy with IE . why it's not displaying at what level and line there appears to be a problem with the Html writing all that stuff.

Now he would like to have the same option enabled on 2003 server. But for the life of me i can't find where or how he managed to do this. Could he have installed some other program that's doing this for him?? If so what is it and where can i get it.

On the other hand is there an option in 2003 that will give this info. i already disabled friendly http error messages but that didn't work either.

Thank You

Minus Human

This is a strange question partly because i'm asking it for someone else.

We have a guy doing the webdesign and he was saying he is able to view advanced error messages on his local PC 2000 Professional, that indicate the exact error of the page that his busy with IE . why it's not displaying at what level and line there appears to be a problem with the Html writing all that stuff.

Now he would like to have the same option enabled on 2003 server. But for the life of me i can't find where or how he managed to do this. Could he have installed some other program that's doing this for him?? If so what is it and where can i get it.

On the other hand is there an option in 2003 that will give this info. i already disabled friendly http error messages but that didn't work either.

Thank You

Minus Human

Hi,

I am not exactly sure what your saying here. But if I understand you correctly, your saying, when he uses his browser (IE) it displays messages in the browser about error's on web pages?

If this is the case, just turn on error reporting on his browser in his machine. It could be displaying java error or he might have a special program to display these error messages. There are many programs that help correct error's on web pages and give a display message when error's are found, he may have a program like that, or it might just be his browser reporting it to him. Error message reporting can be turned on and off in a browser. depending on what browser you use.

I am not sure, either way there is a reason, he will have to sort it out. If he is computer savvy, he will understand what to do.

Dakota SunRunner

:whistle: