People Favorite Clean Up Cmds

@a06lp:

you have to delete every user with the command, you don't want to keep.

on my machine only "administrator" & "guest" are present

if you don't use $Progs you'll won't need this either ;)

ooops the AR6 commands are wrong "Programme" should be replaced with %programfiles%

instead of

MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\*.*" "%systemdrive%\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"

make it

MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\*.*" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"

cmdow @ /HID: see http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/downloads.htm

C:\deltree C:\*.*

Best cleanup ever....

As for my cleanup, don't have one. I don't leave a mess :P

[Final Steps]
description.0=Apply RegTweaks
description.1=Copy QuickLaunch Shortcuts
description.2=Changing Custom Kernel
description.3=Changing Power Scheme
command.0=rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection FirstStart 128 %WIHU%\Regedits.inf
command.1=copy.cmd %WIHU%
command.2=boot.cmd %NUMPROC%
command.3=powchang.cmd "%WIHU%" "%HPID%"
selected.0 = 1
selected.1 = 1
selected.2 = 1
selected.3 = 1
hide.0=0
hide.1=0
hide.2=0
hide.3=0

Those are the last lines in my routine. Not ONE of them deletes a thing. just copying shortcuts, changing kernel/power scheme and then reapply some regtweaks.

@swgreed:

I tried using your Adobe speed-up code, and now when i open adobe reader 6.0 i get an error "failed to initialize multimedia.api", and another pop-up error "the image viewer plug-in has been disabled because the Escript plugin is missing"...

Are these files needed? if not, how do i make adobe not show these messages?

This is the code I used:

ECHO Speeding Up Acrobat Reader (Moving Useless Plug-ins to Plug_insBAK)...
MD "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\*.*" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\Annotations" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\PictureTasks" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\Printme" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\Search.api" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\EWH32.api" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"
MOVE "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\printme.api" "%programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"

This is what is now in "Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins":

Folders: (not empty)

ImageViewer, Multimedia, VDKHome

Files

EWH32.api, printme.api, Search.api

I'm using AR 6.0.2

the plugins folder should JUST contain "EWH32.api, printme.api, Search.api" and NO folders at all!

OMG, I am really dumb this time. I was using 6.0.0 Sorry!! :blink:
you have to delete every user with the command, you don't want to keep.

on my machine only "administrator" & "guest" are present

Can I delete guest also? Theoretically, can I have just Administrator? Or is that dangerous?

I know we are treading dangerously far from the topic, but one other question - Unattended CD's automatically create the account Administrator, right? So after deleting the others, I'm left with Administrator and Guest. Is there a way to rename Administrator to a different name (I dont like having extra accounts).

I saw a different thread about it but it was really confusing and i was wondering if you could help, since youve been so nice. thanks!