Stopping the titan.

tiredoflogins

How do I kill the titan marching towards me with all he has got. I tried myth units and hersirs and the dragon all at once, but nothing seems to deter him from its path. It kills everything.

I am playing AOM - The Titans Expansion. Moderate Level. Loki v/s Hades. I am Loki.

You could try building loads of walls to slow him down whilst building an army, or titian of your own? The Titians seem to like to destroy everything so build huts along the way.

Played the game loads myself but cant recal the level your on, play through LAN mostly.

Wow! Finally I see another AoM player around here. :D

There is no real way to kill a titan. You can even cheat and use mythical powers, and produce thousands of units, and do all you can. Or you can send out a titan of your own to confront the other. None of that ever kills it. At best, you can keep the titan busy elsewhere fighting your units/titan or destroying buildings. You can draw the titan away to where you want as well (attack with a large force, then move away but be in its line of sight to make it follow).

So yeah, that's all that is possible. Keep the titan occupied, and draw it as far away from your Town Center as you can. Of course, this statement of mine isn't valid for any custom maps made by you, which have set an objective of "so-and-so action" for the titan to collapse and die.

Ha ha... good one. :lol:

Only hitch is that the titans have no mother - they descended from nowhere, they were the original inhabitants of earth and the original gods. The Olympian gods are descended from the Titans. (not to bore those of you who don't play AoM, or don't know all this greek mythology, but its real fun and interesting)

cool! Another person who knows this!

The Titans existed from who knows when....

They spawned Zeus and his other siblings - who were later called the Olymian gods since they lived on Mount Olympia.

Then Zeus over-threw the titans and made the heavens his own. The other olympians joined him in the struggle too, but demanded their share of rewards after that. They all then got together and jailed away the titans into the depths of the world - and made a very strong door that could not be broken through even by the Titans.

The titans were the original forces who had enormous raw power at their command. Since all power was residing elsewhere, the olympians who were weaker had to use a different tactic to over-throw them - intelligence, and so the olympians were the ones who presided over the softer and strategic factors of life.

Yup! The Age.... series is real good. Opens you out to cultures across the world, and to the geography of old, teaches you to keep track of many things at once, raises your thinking/planning capacities - a lovely game franchise in all. (all of this if you played it without the cheats ;) )

The Titans existed from who knows when....

If knowone new where they came from or when, theroretically they could of had mothers, and once went to school wearing those gray shorts, sitting at the back of the class throwing rubber bits at the girl Titans?

• 4 weeks later...

get some archers and keep running away from the titan after you attack... you can lead him around that way....

as far as how to kill him.... a titan of your own is about the only way to neutralize the damage.... otherwise you can usually kiss your town goodbye.....

just keep pumping troops... dosn't really matter what kind since titans have 99% against hack, crush, piece etc (i think)...

usually when i see the enemy building a titan gate i try to destroy it, and if thats not do-able i get to work on my own.... otherwise you can usually kiss your a** goodbye....

:thumbup