Utility for changing CD-s

CD Changer Updated!

I have updated this tool now it is more customizable

Changes:

Added more features

Icon changed

Bugs fixed

New features are

1. Used without any switch ejects the CD-DRIVE (if it is run from CD) or ejects all CD-DRIVES (if run from Hard disk) gives a message and waits for changing CD and pressing ok then loads CD and exits.

2. Can be used to silently Eject or Load CD-DRIVE(s).

cdchg.exe open x: (opens CD tray of drive x:)

cdchg.exe close x: (closess CD tray of drive x:)

cdchg.exe open (opens all drives)

cdchg.exe close (closes all drives)

3. Ejects CD waits for changing CD loads and checks the given label for correct disc, gets drive letter, and executes given commands.

cdchg.exe "My Label" \install\runonceex.cmd %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd

(checks for label "My Label" if ok pressed runs "x:\instal\runonceex.cmd x:" if cancel pressed runs "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd")

Note: it returns cd-drive letter to batch file. when used with .exe put -n at the and

cdchg.exe MSOffice "\msoffice\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=office.mst /qb-" %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd -n

(checks for label MSOffice, runs setup.exe from Office CD with unattended transforms)

Fill free to ask question or suggest features

cdchg.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it would be cool if it would check for the cd label before it ejects and ask for the second cd just in case it was already in another drive that way it would be a true unattented install with 2 disc . only have it ask for the second disc if it isnt found first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry i'm confused...

your program seems just what i'm looking for BUT (excuse my big but here ;) )

on the beginning thread you have an exe called install.exe, then further along you say you've updated it and now you have a exe called cdchg.exe then you answer fdisk about a change you'll do

my question is which is the NEWEST? it would SEEM cdchgr but cdchgr shows a created date of 12/25/2004 and install shows a created date of 2/9/2005

my second question is

does this mean "x" is a variable - i want your prog to setup to use a runonce reg entry so that after a reboot it will run WPI from a batch file on a second CD named APPS i would need only enter

"cdchg.exe APPS "\wpi\WpiRun1.cmd %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd -n"

or do need to hardcode the drive as "X"

cdchg.exe "My Label" \install\runonceex.cmd %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd

(checks for label "My Label" if ok pressed runs "x:\instal\runonceex.cmd x:" if cancel pressed runs "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd")

Note: it returns cd-drive letter to batch file. when used with .exe put -n at the and

cdchg.exe MSOffice "\ms office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=office.mst /qb-" %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd -n

(checks for label MSOffice, runs setup.exe from Office CD with unattended transforms)

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...