NetFramework for SP2?

Ok I attempted to figure this out and I read through the first 7 pages of the other netframe install, and now I am more lost than ever. Here is the situation: I want the menu option to install off CD to work, I might run from RunOnceEx, and I have the SP2 disk from Microsoft. What do I need to do? Because I am unsure if I need the entire contents of that folder, or just the dotnetfx.exe. Please help. It will be on my already slipstreamed CD.

Don't use it. The version included on the CD is an outdated version. The directory it's in is safe to delete.

Read the .NET SP1 thread for info on how to include the newest version along with download links to the latest version.

Ok, but I read the first 7 or so pages, and am lost. Thats why I posted this. There is several different methods and I dont know which would specifically accomplish what I wanted. One was for Net1.0, another for a cab version?, another MSI version - which one do I use? Whats wrong with the 23 MB downloadable exe?

Nothing scorpy

But the one on the CD or Sp is outdated

.NET Framework 2.0 Beta

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/dow...es/default.aspx

Extract it to a DotNet folder under Install then simply in RunoncEX

"%systemdrive%\Install\DotNet\install.exe /q"

that's the latest bleeding version and it's really really silent by that

Copy the DOTNETFX directory from the SP2 update disc over to your Windows XP installation CD, and then download the (newer?) copy of NDPSP.EXE from Microsoft and replace it in that folder.

From there, run DOTNETFX.EXE (base), then NDPSP.EXE (SP1 update), with the correct unattend switches and stuff. I think the second one uses /Q.

I'm pretty sure that the button on the Autorun screen works.

I don't trust the .NET 2.0 beta yet.

Just to clarify, the SP1 is for NetFramework? And I assume the current NetFramework (1.1, not 2.0) from Microsoft's site does not have this integrated in? The less patching I have to do the better, but I will do it if I have to.

Ok simple

you say It will be on my already slipstreamed CD.

Did you slipstream SP2 onto it? = /integrate

If yes then it creates the DOTNETFX folder adjacent to the I386

As RyanVM and I say it's older version unless you have a diff version of SP2 than us. I simply delete that folder and add the newer 2.0 as above to my runoncEX. You can however use the old 1.1 and do the same thing as i mentioned above.

You decide cause it's not really that hard. That other thread was about compressing it and if you have the space WTF???