Serious problem with default profile copying

midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

I really hope you can help out ! There seems to be a bug or problem with the user creation process with all the recent Wihu versions. I know this worked fine a few weeks ago but now it does not anymore.

This problem drove me nuts over the last few days because I did not know why some of my registry tweaks I applied during unattended setup suddenly did not

work anymore although they had worked already a few weeks ago.

The thing is ... during Windows Setup I place a few files into the "default profile" folder so that when a new user is created and the default profile is copied, those files get executed when the newly created user first logs on.

Now, as you can see in the attached picture, Wihu does not copy those files over to the new user profile when a user is created !! Of course if the user logs on, those files don´t exist ... so the tweaks don´t get applied.

This used to work fine before. Also, as a test, I created a user with the standard user creation tool of Windows XP (Benutzerkonten in Systemsteuerung) and this user did get those extra files copied so this has to be a problem with Wihu.

Would you please fix this soon ? Kind of urgent for me ....

As always, thanks for your help !

Alex

Hi again,

ah, I am glad version 2.1.6.0 does not have this problem so I reverted back to this version for the time being.

As a further test I created two users, one with 2.1.6.0 (left) and one with 2.1.9.1.(right). You can see the results in the attached pic.

Bye,

Alex

Hmm, I don't really understand your problem here.

Do you think default user profile folder will be copied to new user folder? If yes, this was never done in WIHU, also not in version 2.1.6.0.

The only thing that will be copied from "Default User" folder is ntuser.dat.

Edit: Since profile loading and initialization is not done by windows any more (by logging on new user) it could indeed a problem in this new version ... I've to copy entire "Default User" folder than which isn't done right now.

Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminKalytta

HI Benjamin,

Now I am a bit confused ... bug or feature ? :P

Hmm, I don't really understand your problem here.

Do you think default user profile folder will be copied to new user folder? If yes, this was never done in WIHU, also not in version 2.1.6.0.

Mhh, as far as I know the whole folder "default user" is being copied to the new user folder by Windows and so did Wihu 2.1.6.0 each time a new user is created or logging on. Otherwise all things added to the default user folder during unattended installation (shortcuts etc.) would never be copied to the new users folder, right ?

A quick test with 2.1.9.2 showed that it works now, thanks !

Bye,

Alex

Now I am a bit confused ... bug or feature ?

None of them :D:D

Mhh, as far as I know the whole folder "default user" is being copied to the new user folder by Windows and so did Wihu 2.1.6.0 each time a new user is created or logging on. ...

Yes Im so stupid sorry :blushing:

Reason is, it will not be logged on any more. The one and only user whos get logged on is the primary user if one is selected.

Benjamin