Inno setup question

Lucius Snow

Hello all,

I'm trying to install an utility software named Pad which uses the Inno setup. Once it's installed, the program launchs. I tried a taskkill command with no success, it won't run until i close myself the program.

Here is what a part of my runonce :

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Pad" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "regedit /s %systemdrive%\apps\pad\settings.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\pad\pad.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 3 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM pad.exe" /f

Is there any switch that'd prevent the software to lauch ? I haven't found one. Thank you.

you could edit the installer...this is what I do...i get innounp (youll have to google it), then run the command to extract from the exe...then I open the .iss and edit that with ISTool (again google), then I compile and put that in my cd...btw, the Run heading is what runs after install...you could add "skipifsilent" to anything there and it should not run as long as your using the silent switches...

could you give me a link to PAD? and ill test some things out till I figure out how to install it...you may be forced to use inctrl5 and then completely build the entire thing from scratch, which ive done for prolly 10 programs, because I tell ya what, these people just love to not let you edit their setup file...yahoo is a prime example...but yea, lemme know where I can download it, and maybe ill work something out...if noone posts for a while to any forums here, ill definitely get something done (cuz I get bored easily LOL)

well, extract mine with innounp...run ISTool 4, goto registry, delete all keys...click and drag your registry.reg file into the window, it should import your settings, but after drag and drop, click on script and check to make sure everything looks right (REG_BINARY messes up in drag and drop)...also check shortcuts...if you want more, add exactly like I have Pad.exe. Dont change the Setup heading...unless you want to, but I have it compressed to the max...