Unattended Logon RegKey

I put the LonghornJade.exe into my $OEM$\$$\System32 directory.

Is this the key i need to add to my regtweaks.reg file?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"UIHost"="LonghornJade"

I don't think it is correct.

Actually, I have changed my mind and I don't need that reg key if this method works. (seeing as how i hate the default logon screen and i will never use it again).

Will it work if I take the LonghornJade.exe login file, change the name to LOGONUI.EXE, use jcarles makecab compression utility to compress it to LOGONUI.EX_ and drop it in the I386 directory?

Oh and for those of you who want to see what the screen looks like it is posted below, and you can get it at themexp.

post-70-1094009900_thumb.jpg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"UIHost"="LonghornJade"

2 things why this code DON'T work (supposing you got your longhornjade.exe file on your system32 folder).

1.- you need to specify the COMPLETE name of the file like logonui.exe file does

2.- archive must be in a 8+3=11 name format so long file names do not work. try jade.exe

your method works but it has the problem that when you upgrade your logonui.exe with a service pack or hotfix, you will lose it :}

or it may cause some problems elsewhere taht are unknown....

but yes, the UIHost needs teh FULL path, and if you specify GinaDLL then the Welcome screen is disabled, so you can't use both.

As for the naming, if you're using UIHost, the name legth really doesn't matter. Mine is (LOTRLogonScreen.exe) and it works fine :P