Slipstreaming .NET?

Technosquid

Is there a way to "slipstream" .NET Framework 1.1 into the Windows XP installer?  I noticed most other peripheral components of Windows were included in SP2, (like WMP9 and DX9)  I wonder why .NET Framework wasn't. :no:

download

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe

rename it to:

SETUP.EXE

create a folder named

DOTNETFX

put it in the folder

Now that I take a closer look at my windows xp w/sp2 disc, I notice that I do seem to have a "netfx" component on there.

E:\cmpnents\netfx\i386\netfx.cab

Still, even after installing from this disc, windows update still says I need it.

Could this be one of those things they're going to ask me to 'please insert your windows xp disc' for when I first encounter a .NET program?

• 5 weeks later...

Might I suggest Greenmachine's XPCREATE?!?

have a look at this deep link...

XPCREATE: The XP Distribution CD Creator with Hotfix Slipstreaming

I've used his app/script? since pre SP1 and it's worked great.

As you can see from the contents on the page linked above, he shows where to place both dotNet 1.1 and the service pack for it as well! Actually he also "slipstreams" WMP 10!!!

it wasn't included simply because it was never included in the original. It's in SP2 because SP2 also updates Media Center Edition which needs it. DX and WMP were already in XP, so they had to be updated. .NET was not natively installed.