whats the difference?ASP,XML.

ASP is sort of like php. It's more or less a scripting language that spits out (x)html. There's also ASP.Net.

XML is a way of describing and storing data in a structured way with your own tags, it's not markup like html is-at all.

"and stuff"... uh, there's FAR more web "stuff" than htm and php... (CSS, XHTML, XSLT, WML, SOAP, WSDL, DOM, WAP, ...)

If you want to learn more about web stuff, w3schools is a good place to start learning it.

On thing I suggest, is to dump learning HTML (although you should still know it, if that makes any sense), and to start learning XHTML, because it will be the future of the Internet. Eventually, the integration between the data-storing components of XML (eXtensible Markup Language) and the formatting concepts of XHTML (eXtensible Hypertext Markup Language) will overcome the often confusing XSL stylesheets (used to format the output of XML files) by giving them a markup remarkably similar to that of HTML.

ASP is Microsoft's server-side scripting language, just like JSP is Sun's, PHP is Zend's, and IVA is mine :). I've worked with ASP and PHP, but I prefer PHP, not only because of its open-source status and the huge support community (even though ASP still does have quite a lot of support), but also because I like the C-style languages. ASP mainly uses Visual Basic Script, which makes it easy to do simple things, difficult to do more complex things, and impossible to do things that are very advanced.

I haven't done any JSP yet, but I assume it is going to be much like Java, so there is definitely a large number of built-in things, just like Java. If I was hosted on a server that offered JSP, I would probably check it out, buit for now, if you want to make powerful Internet applications, learn PHP and XHTML. Maybe throw in some database concepts of MySQL, as well.