SP2 media player problems

making an unattended SP2 install CD results in some odd behaviour from Media Player. The first one is kind of solved already with help from another thread http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=24562&hl= but there is another issue that I am not sure of how to solve. It seems codecs are all screwed up somehow, because even with a plain mpeg1 file it tries to download codecs. It fails, and there's no sound. For whatever reason it seems that at the very least the mpeg 1 layer 2 audio codec either isn't registered or is screwed up in some other way. I've just spent a day and a half trying all sorts of different things to get my previously working unattended CD to work with SP2 and I'm pretty fed up with it by now. Even doing one with nLite and not even adding any apps or tweaks or anything I end up with the exact same problem. I'm stumped.

well, after who knows how many install runs, ghost restorations, registry imports and reboots I think I'm finally gaining ground on what the problems are. This morning I've been importing all my usual registry tweaks one by one, rebooting after each single import, and then trying to play an mpeg1 video file again. After importing this one I get the problem where it asks which program to open the file with every time. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm getting codec issues with mpeg files though.

;Remove WMP Right Click Options (Queue-it-up, etc.)

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F1B9284F-E9DC-4e68-9D7E-42362A59F0FD}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8DD448E6-C188-4aed-AF92-44956194EB1F}]

well, the only solution I can figure out is simply not using that tweak to remove those items. Perhaps it will work if you use this tweak manually after everything's installed and you're up and running, but it doesn't appear to be happy with it if you do it during an unattended install. I still have no idea how to fix my mpeg1 codec problem, I wonder if there's something wrong with unattended setups for media player altogether.