nVidia vs ATI

XPerties

In my opinion, neither is truely "better" than the other. Benchmarks and real life performance have shown that there is really very little difference between the two companies when it comes to their high-end cards. Even though some may argue that nVidia's benchmark "cheats" make them a lesser company, I disagree as ATI has been guilty of the very same thing in the past. therefore, to say that it makes nVidia a lesser company while ATI's history has no effect on its image is hypocritical.

I'll edit this post to be clearer and have more data when i get back from classes. ^^b

Right about that actually - there's no real "better", it simply depends on the point-in-time and price-level you're looking at. Remember, this thread is just about personal preferences and opinions, you gotta know what's best for you.

Oh well... competition looks good, and that's ultimately what is beneficial, no matter which one holds "best" tag at any point of time.

It comes down to preferences, opinions, current pricing/value, use, ... Nobody likes the same thing and no one is truly 100% better and the situation is ever-changing. I stick to ATI because I had issues with the only nVidia I bought and none with the ATIs, and ATIs seem to be more popular among HTPC'ers too (because of the component dongle, the custom timings with powerstrip and everything else).

• 2 weeks later...

i also prefer ati, even if nvidia is currently in my computer

what p***es me of the the naming techniques the both bastard use...

for example the difference between 9200PRO and 9200SE is enormous...

Gforce2Ti and Gforce2MX ... even bigger

A lot of not-knowing people got tricked this way by seeing a official review for top rated models (for example Gforce4 Ti versions) and then go and buy that so great "Gforce 4" card. But they actualy bought MX version which has complete different chip (weaker than GF3Ti) and got lousy fps and no shader support what so ever...for God's sake...

I really hate this, and thinking we should do some kind of petition to stop them from doing this anymore...