Pack of problems with apps install + more

well i finally got over the BSOD problem now its my apps install :|

shall we start?

1. half of my programs requires me to log on as admin, and can't install without logged as admin, i tried to log as admin, with no pass cuz i set my password blank and it says it can't log with blank password, how can i make the administrator log on b4 the runonceex is excuting?

heres my useraccounts.cmd file :

net user User /add
net localgroup Administrators Home /add
net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
REGEDIT /S autologon.reg
EXIT

heres the autologon.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="User"
"DefaultPassword"=
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

2.in istall, i see the ">> %windir%\apps.log" line next to the "Alcohol 120%" title, even thought i included a space in my runonceex here :

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Alcohol 120%" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /v 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\reg.reg" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

and another problem just like this, instead of seeing in the apps install window the title "office 2003 pro + sp1" i see the ""%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" line.. heres the part of the runonce of office :

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Office 2003 Pro + Sp1" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

3. after K-Lite is installed the C:\install\klite folder is opened, why? heres the runonce part of klite :

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "K-Lite Codec Pack 2.24" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\K-lite codec\klcodec224s.exe /SILENT" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

4. when installing nero, the install window opens, how can i make him not open? heres the runonce part of nero :

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Nero Burning Rom v6.3.11.7" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\register.reg" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\nero63117.exe /silent /noreboot" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

5. when trying to install winrar it says : "C:\program files\Winrar is not accesible".. heres the runonce part of winrar :

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Winrar 3.40 Beta 4" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Winrar\wrar34b4.exe /s" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

6. the deafault theme i've created won't install - heres the winnt.sif part acoording to themes :

[Shell]
   CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Royale.msstyles"
   DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes
   DefaultThemesOff = No

i'll be very very glad if u can answer my questions and problems, thank all who'll try and thanks to those which will succeed helping me :P

in istall, i see the ">> %windir%\apps.log" line next to the "Alcohol 120%" title, even thought i included a space in my runonceex here :

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /v 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\reg.reg" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

Why the >> logfile twice?

You only need it on the second line..

and another problem just like this, instead of seeing in the apps install window the title "office 2003 pro + sp1" i see the ""%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" line.. heres the part of the runonce of office :

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Office 2003 Pro + Sp1" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

Heh.. compare your registry entries to the one for alcohol.

*mumbles about /VE*

3. after K-Lite is installed the C:\install\klite folder is opened, why? heres the runonce part of klite :

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "K-Lite Codec Pack 2.24" /f >> %windir%\apps.log
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\K-lite codec\klcodec224s.exe /SILENT" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

Heh.

Bet you if you dry-run your .cmd and check your registry key that it 'll say

c:\Install\Applications\K-lite

Use more quotation marks to wrap the commandline.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/runonceex.htm <<< highly suggest you read that one once more, especially the summary regarding testing.

Each line must have a unique number!

QUOTE:

SHOULD BE:

REG ADD %KEY%\016 /v 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

If you duplicate numbers chaos ensues...

Each line must have a unique number!

QUOTE:

SHOULD BE:

REG ADD %KEY%\016 /v 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f >> %windir%\apps.log

If you duplicate numbers chaos ensues...

err... i dont think that is correct. correct me if im wrong. (it was originally right)

actually, scratch that. the numbering is right, but the command isn't.

the >> *.log is what's screwing it up. take those off or put them inside the /f's

/f is a switch of REG. the command your adding has to go:

REG ADD [key] /V [value] /D [data] /f

so..

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Alcohol 120%" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /v 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\setup.exe /qn >> %windir%\apps.log" /f

is the way to do it.

if you need to have a title in your log do:

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Alcohol 120%" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "echo \"Alcohol 120%\" >> %windir%\apps.log" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Alcohol\setup.exe /qn >> %windir%\apps.log" /f

you can't >> a line of text, ">>" captures output of a command. so use "echo \"Whatever\" >> app.log"