when i open WINNT32.exe only upgrade dialog appear

when i'm excuting winnt32.exe only the upgrade / new install dialog appears, and i

can't see the background (my edited winnbbu.dll) . i figured that is has to be something

with some comeponent i removed with nLite, (i didn't remove the manual install option)

can som1 plz tell me exactly what components not to remove with nlite so it 'll work fine with no problems? thanks

when you try to upgrade, the winnt.sif file it's not used. try to use this code instead

@echo off
set AnswerFile=.\I386\Winnt.sif
set SetupFiles=.\I386\

.\I386\winnt32.exe /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile% /copysource:lang
exit

save it as a .cmd file and run it from windows.

mmm i've found a little glitch that prevent the file to work under M$VM (don't know if it's only mine) but it works ok under my other "real" pc ...

other thing i forgot to say before, the file must be run in the root folder of the xpcd. other way you'll have to specify custom roots. good luck!

hi

i didn't really understand your last replay , i didn't say its not working under VM

i said when i'm trying to excute the file from windows i see only the upgrade dialog

instead of seeing my whole setup screen, and i'm sure its cuz i reduced some component with nLite, anyone knows which component?

when you run the winnt32.exe from windows...you will be able to see your setup screen..and also upgrade screen...but i found if you edited your winnbbu.dll...and removed a .bmp or did it wrong...you will get the error....i used 'resource tuner' and thought i could delete 101.bmp and when i did....i got error...and couldnt continue.....