What are you all talking about in here,wish i knew

shizznats

Hey,

Ive been using Win XP Pro SP1 for about a year now, and i got a new Audigy 2ZS sound card, and i want to reinstall windows before i install the drivers because its about time anyway. I know SP2 is out, but there seems to be so much info and words i dont know on this forum lol, ... (like what is slipstreamed and what is "unattended"?) isnt it as simple as just installing win xp w/sp2 ? ... also, what is the latest build of sp2 ?

Mike

Slipstreaming means to integrate the service pack or any patches directly into the original installation files, in the process upgrading the installation and then recreating the whole thing back into a new CD or DVD. In other words with a slipstreamed XP SP2 when you can do a clean install from the CD you will have a Windows XP installation that already has the service pack installed. No need to manually run SP2 after a clean install. Unattended means to recreate the installation (slipstreamed and all) and make it a hands off install. That is the product key and preferences and settings are chosen by you before hand and integrated into the install. With an unattended install you also have the option of installing applications unattended after XP is installed. This is particularly handy if you create a slipstreamee/unattended DVD.

Unattended means that you just make it hand off, then you don't have to reinstall in the wastiing time. just one hand.. and then you can go out, eat, and sleep.. when you go back to your computer, your software will be installed...is that cool?