Windows xp pro as cafe client

roy1984

Can anyone help me of this? how do i set windows xp pro for internet gaming cafe into a client . i need protect everything from being change by customer , so they just can able to use the icon on desktop to run the problem only, other then that all must be locked included right-click, only can run the icon on desktop and update for the games only

There are special programs that complete this tasks. They are particularly made for this purpose, to be used in gaming or internet cafe.

I can't give an exact anme as I never used such a prog but a search on Google should give u a start point.

If this is WinXP pro, you have a tool for doing just this and more. :)

In the Run box, type "gpedit.msc" and then have a thorough exploration. SP2 adds a few more controls to that list, so you should apply it.

All help is found right there. "gpedit.msc" is the Group Policy Editor tool, and each setting has detailed help.

As far as security is concerned, you can do as much as possible, but nothing is ever un-breakable. You might like to hire a Security Consultant for more detailed analysis and recommendations of your specific environment, and to implement the security.