System Restore unattended

Hi !

Could somebody help me which parameter i have to enter into winnt.sif that System Restore completely DISABLED in case of an unattended install ?

I found information on how to set the restore size, but I would like to DISABLE completely just like doing manually after xp installed.

Many many thanks for any help,

Moore

If you dont want it installed at all, delete the sr.in_ file in the I386 folder and replace it with the attached file, this works for me and a tab is not visible on the system properties sheet.

I have had no errors or problems during install or normal running.

sr.inf

I think I've got the most simple way:

edit the .reg file attached below to your needs to enable/disable services.

I don't know who made it, but it isn't me. I got it somewhere on this forum, I don't remember where. All credits go to the author.

EDIT: forgot to say: you have to add it to the registry through cmdlines.txt (T-12)

services.reg

@coolice

Just delete the sr.in_ file and copy sr.inf to the I386 folder, setup will use the expanded inf file if present, as happens with svcpack.inf, or use Bashrats reg file, just know that this changes other services' start up state as well, services your config may need running

@coolice

Just delete the sr.in_  file and copy sr.inf to the I386 folder, setup will use the expanded inf file if present, as happens with svcpack.inf, or use Bashrats reg file, just know that this changes other services' start up state as well, services your config may need running

Not true: you can edit it to your liking! If you only want to set the service System Restore, you should remove the other registry entries!

System Restore is completely useless for many people, it only wastes hard disk space.

Hmm..... when you know what you are doing, and there's no chance of you needing to Restore, yes - remove SR. Also, it sometimes comes in the way when you are trying to replace protected DLLs in the system directories.

System Restore is completely useless for many people, it only wastes hard disk space.

Hmm..... when you know what you are doing, and there's no chance of you needing to Restore, yes - remove SR. Also, it sometimes comes in the way when you are trying to replace protected DLLs in the system directories.

Isn't that what our unattended Windows CD's are for? :s :P B)